Mon, Sep 9, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: DAZ censorship

cbranum ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 11:54 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:43 AM

I need help understanding why DAZ Studio will not load certain body parts in models that have them. Example any male model based on Micheal 4 will not include genitals. Is there a way to fix this or work around it?

thanks

mishamcm ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 12:03 PM

Michael 4's genitals are a separate conforming item, found in the Morphs++ package.

cbranum ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 12:54 PM

Where can I get the morphs ++ package

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 1:26 PM

From DAZ

cbranum ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 1:36 PM

Thanks for you help, but I've searched the DAZ website and there is no morph++ package anywhere. Do you know ow to get this? or maybe a link?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 1:46 PM

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/michael-4-morphs?item=7878&_m=d

cbranum ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 2:34 PM

Thank you for your time

Rottenham ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 9:07 AM

DAZ is more heavily censored than you may realize. They are heavily influenced (if not controlled) by Marketing, who are not artists at all. They get by because of their valuable library of quality models.

richardandtracy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 4:32 AM
Online Now!

I also wonder if their location in a city founded to be the focal point of a religion doesn't also play a part. In the UK Canterbury tends to be somewhat 'prim & proper' too.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 7:28 AM
Online Now!

It was explained over at DAZ many years ago, probably before this thread was even made.

It's part their location (Utah), but it's mostly to do with credit card payment systems, CC companies charge a 2.5% surcharge on every transaction, some sites will swallow that charge, while others pad the bill to cover it, but that is for "PG13" classed sites. With more adult orientated sites (non sexual) that surcharge gets increased by quite a bit, and with sexual sites some CC companies will refuse the transaction, which is why most of them use "middle man" companies like CCBill for payments.

So DAZ decided to stay PG13 to avoid all of that.

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 1:31 PM
cbranum posted at 11:54 AM Fri, 23 April 2010 - #2800244

I need help understanding why DAZ Studio will not load certain body parts in models that have them. Example any male model based on Micheal 4 will not include genitals. Is there a way to fix this or work around it?

thanks

Michael 4 is so old that it is likely that his genitals just fell off!!

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 3:23 PM

You do realize that you are responding to a question that was asked over 20 years ago.

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 10:25 PM
hborre posted at 3:23 PM Tue, 26 March 2024 - #4482902

You do realize that you are responding to a question that was asked over 20 years ago.

However the censorship question is still relevant today.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 2:15 AM

The other side of it of course is that you don't actually want those particular body parts to load in a model you don't want to show unclothed.  It makes fitting the pants really difficult.  It actually makes sense to load them separately.  That part has nothing to do with censorship. 

Just sayin' :P

richardandtracy ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:46 AM
Online Now!

nakamuram posted at 10:25 PM Tue, 26 March 2024 - #4482909

hborre posted at 3:23 PM Tue, 26 March 2024 - #4482902

However the censorship question is still relevant today.
If anything it's even more relevant now than it was  in 2010 with existing approved promo images that were PG at most being re-classified as 'Mature Content' by DAZ's own Artificial Ignorance (AI) bot.

When I last counted on my fingers & toes, 2010 was some while ago, but some slight 'sales & marketing' might have been going on to turn 14 to 20 ;)

nakamuram ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 1:18 PM

I have had posts on the DAZ Forums deleted.  The latest being critical of the way DAZ makes you keep browsing through their products to find out what is on sale and for how much - In order to stimulate "impulse buying".  Also, I had a post that was critical of Genesis 9's bending problems deleted.  So censorship is alive and well at DAZ.  

DocPhoton ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:02 PM

Over the years, the Daz forum became less and less useful to me, and I now suspect to others. Questions that would get answered anywhere else in hours or by the time you got up the next day, would often take days in the Daz forum, if at all.

Them not wanting to show the "naughty parts" aspect is fine & quite understandable, but they do get carried away with that I guess. I used rubber chickens next time; allowed but frowned upon; i.e. -7 sense o' humor.

No, I stopped going to the Daz site a couple years ago for an entirely different reason, but it sounds as if it's gotten a bit more, mmm, zealous?

No, the paleas fregit camelos retro (straw that broke the camels back) was in not even knowing I'd become an out-cast. One day, I posted a new & legitimate question that got replied too, but when I went to respond the thread had been deleted. Odd. Thought it was a forum hic-cough again, but happened several more times over a couple days.

Hint taken.

And the only reason for that was, as I never did find out why, was again asking a legitimate question. I was critical that's for sure, of the two-steps backwards "New" FBX export utility. My posting was removed and I was given the opportunity to rely.

I didn't, as I didn't quite know how or rather to what. They said that it was a personal attack.  ???  No one was mentioned in the post, certainly no names, due to the small fact that I don't know anyone at Daz.

I was piffed at the way the interface worked worse, was horribly layed out, it was certainly NOT a pre-set, yada-yada, and they still haven't addressed any of that in several years.

So I'm still at a loss at how something that pretty much every software developer on the planet welcomes, and it's called customer feedback. How can we improve our product?  What's not working?  Etc.

That's quite a ways from a personal affront. Still censorship on their part though.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 11:05 AM
Bejaymac posted at 7:28 AM Tue, 26 March 2024 - #4482890

It was explained over at DAZ many years ago, probably before this thread was even made.

It's part their location (Utah), but it's mostly to do with credit card payment systems, CC companies charge a 2.5% surcharge on every transaction, some sites will swallow that charge, while others pad the bill to cover it, but that is for "PG13" classed sites. With more adult orientated sites (non sexual) that surcharge gets increased by quite a bit, and with sexual sites some CC companies will refuse the transaction, which is why most of them use "middle man" companies like CCBill for payments.

Wait, how much more censorship is coming, once the MAGA lunatics are taking over.

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 1:28 PM
Nevertrumper posted at 11:05 AM Thu, 28 March 2024 - #4482962

Wait, how much more censorship is coming, once the MAGA lunatics are taking over.
Add to the MAGA lunatics the Woke snowflake left.  Both of them are guilty for making us middle of the roaders more miserable.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 1:54 PM
nakamuram posted at 1:28 PM Thu, 28 March 2024 - #4482964
Nevertrumper posted at 11:05 AM Thu, 28 March 2024 - #4482962

Add to the MAGA lunatics the Woke snowflake left.  Both of them are guilty for making us middle of the roaders more miserable.
Never seen a "Woke snowflake" armed and in military gear breaching the capitol.

Backfire2024 ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 7:39 PM · edited Thu, 28 March 2024 at 7:39 PM

Censorship just backfires on the ones who do. Forums Die out of fear because customers fear loosing there accounts. Members find other places where they can place there honest opinions and they sure rant, these honest members and customers end up in Warrez forums without censorship. That is what it is causing and sure is not productive as these start sharing and ranting really badly.

Things like this 

wVIFOHuZNEBY5Cg4xIbKHjsDNi4td25wU55eq57A.jpg

Or this here

The net is starting to get full of ranting about Poser and DS , you do not even want to know what gets posted on Warrez! The main issue of this censuring is that good customers end up on the other side . So ask your self who is the cause of a great damage.

People can't be controlled with censure

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM
Nevertrumper posted at 1:54 PM Thu, 28 March 2024 - #4482967

Never seen a "Woke snowflake" armed and in military gear breaching the capitol.

Very true - The former is merely a "pain in the ass", while the latter is a "clear and present danger".  A better comparison would be the Wokes (with their "safe spaces" where no one is "offended") and Moms for Liberty (with their book banning and trying to control what everyone's children are taught) .  

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 10:33 PM
Backfire2024 posted at 7:39 PM Thu, 28 March 2024 - #4482984

People can't be controlled with censure

We should never censure the truth or honest opinions and theories, but what about calls to violence, hate speech, fake news, and fake presidents?

Backfire2024 ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 11:39 AM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 11:47 AM

Renderosity should think a little ahead! Forum Censuring  causing complete bans  Inclusive the customers purchases and access to legal acquired products and licenses from vendors even acquired activation licenses of software

reallusion had the same issues back in 2017 and had to take a quick action to fix that issue after some legal confrontations.

Forum-Clarification Quote !

It is necessary to mention that in its 17-year history Reallusion has never had any such issues with any user, and it never needed to permanently ban someone from the system. Unfortunately due to the limitations of our mechanism, banning a user from the system would also block that user’s account access to their product download mechanism all together.

Reallusion would like to reassure all of its members that we will always protect users’ rights for downloadable purchase products, and that we have taken action to correct this mechanism filter allowing the system to distinguish between banning an account from the forum, banning an account from customer service, while still allowing access to downloadable purchased products. Reallusion has already resumed said user's downloadable product rights since today - April 11th, 2017.

Daz is using the same mechanisem to protect the Customers rights just like Reallusion, Renderosity as a unique exception does not give any respect to there customer rights. If they do not like what you say in there forums, they will abuse the situation to steal all customer Investments with compete bans of purchased products.

Another thing to what censuring is leading

"Printed in case of removal"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.