Sat, Sep 28, 7:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue cannot find Poser 11?

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 1:12 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 3:32 AM

I have downloaded the free version of Vue 2024 and it is unable to find/open poser 11 when I import a poser file?

Error codeย DLOIS_1791

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Are more up to date versions of poser compatible?

Thanks for any advise.

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Vue is insisting on Poser version 11.0.5

Unfortunatly poser 11 is now version 11.3

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 7:27 AM

According to Poser my version is 11.3.740.

I imported a pz3 of a simple scene and when asked about Poser I just pointed Vue to the folder where Poser is installed. In my case it is C:\Poser\Poser 11. This worked in both Vue 2023 and Vue 2024.

mouser ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 10:59 AM ยท edited Fri, 10 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

None the less I am using PoserPro11 v11.3

The drop down for Poser import lists only version 11.0.5

I used to use both Vue & Poser for years and never run into a brick wall like this.

SnLXnJSfOACNvSTV8UUqZmblzLJKWUOKkrtsXRSL.jpg

lZmig4pG6oYSfoEgkheKvXXoo40eJaeV7QbwzMZm.jpg

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Mine also says Poser SDK (11.0.5), like yours. I tried saving a pz3-file outside of the Poser runtime and then the figure showed up as white boxes in the the top, side and front views, but it rendered ok. The same figure pz3-file from inside the Poser runtime behaved correctly.

It seems that the path to your Poser installlation is rather long. Could that be a problem maybe? Just guessing, I don't know at all. I used Vue a little many years ago so I know very little about it. Sorry I can't help you.

mouser ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 6:51 PM

Are you using Vue v2024?

I am wondering as it is a beta version.

mouser ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 7:34 PM

Regarding the poser install path, it is the default one Poser wanted so I doubt that is the issue.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2024 at 1:00 AM

I tried with both Vue 2023 and 2024 and it is the same behaviour as far as I can see. So, props import well, but it doesn't work when I try to pose figures in Vue. According to the manual, there is supposed to appear a list of body parts when I double-click a figure. But the box where they should appear is empty.

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2024 at 1:15 AM

The version number of the SDK and the Poser installation do not matter, as long as it is Poser 11. It must be something else - here all works as expected.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2024 at 9:03 AM
Forum Moderator

I am having the same issue on my Mac with getting Vue 2023 to recognize the Poser 11 program. In the screenshot below, you can see the Poser application icon is grayed out. So what the heck do I do? I used to have Vue Infinite years ago;  I don't remember which version of Poser back then, but they played well together. Now it seems Vue just doesn't want anything to do with Poser and have the whole playground to itself. Aaaack!

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2024 at 9:23 AM

Well, you need to select the Poser folder, not the application itself.

mouser ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

I did choose the folder but I noted the drop down specified a version number 11.0.5.

As that is the only clue as no error messages are displayed I have to go with what little info I have.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

The version number you mention is only the version of the SDK, the last available for the developers.ย  For me and others this works,

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Well Vue will import anything except Poser content.

As I have not purchased any of Bentley's products I cannot raise a ticket, so I've emailed Bentley but no response.

So for the moment its on hold.

Thanks everyone

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 1:47 AM

Have you used the contact address on the free download page? Does not look like.

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 5:51 AM

That's who I contacted, as its free I'm guessing someone will look eventually.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 9:07 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'm pretty sure Bentley said they won't be offering support for Vue or Plant Factory anymore because they're discontinued products.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo espaรฑol

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle franรงais

Mi parolas Esperanton. ฤˆu vi?

Andrus63 ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 5:41 PM

MarianneR posted at 1:00 AM Sat, 11 May 2024 - #4484664

I tried with both Vue 2023 and 2024 and it is the same behaviour as far as I can see. So, props import well, but it doesn't work when I try to pose figures in Vue. According to the manual, there is supposed to appear a list of body parts when I double-click a figure. But the box where they should appear is empty.

We've got the same difficulty - we had Vue 2016 where Poser figures could be reposed, and the list of body parts did appear. We've just tested our old version of Vue (fortunately hadn't dismounted it!) and it still works and handles Poser figure reposing. But in the new 2023 version of Vue (using the same SDK for Poser 11.3)ย  the list of body parts doesn't show up. Any idea what can be done to deal with this? We're using Windows 10 and a reasonably powerful PC - no limitations on the spec showing up.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 2:35 AM

mouser posted at 5:51 AM Thu, 16 May 2024 - #4484818

That's who I contacted, as its free I'm guessing someone will look eventually.

Well, I'm the one who reads and answers all the emails there and I do remember I replied to such a question in the last days, but do not remember if it was exactly your case.

And yes, it is true that there is no support anymore, but sometimes I find the time to answer to questions. There and in other places as well.

The reposing issues I can imagine have to do indeed with the not updated SDK that limits the options. When there was no answer regarding a new SDK the development for this type of import simply stopped, the results we see now.

But do not forget, there are other formats out in this world that both programs can handle too, Try others if pz3 does not work as expected. And do not forget as well that for every import, no matter where it comes from, it is very normal that the materials need adaptation so that the render engine will be able to give an ideal result.

mouser ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 7:15 PM

I've looked outside these forums and there are plenty of people running into these issues but no solutions.

I can only hope that Bentley if they are not or cannot support Vue that they do something like opensource or Vue is just gonna die.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 2:41 AM

Can you describe a bit more what e-on could have done when the Poser crew did not provide them with a new SDK?

Simply install Poser 11 on the same computer, direct Vue to this and it works. I have it running on Mac and Windows, no problem.

BUT, keep in mind there are other formats as well, no need for pz3 and only pz3.

Last but not least, now it is too late - Bentley does not do any support or development on the software,. If the source code will become open source the future will show, this is dependent on a lot of thing. And to be clear, if that happens then I think pz3 import will be out - I'm sure the SDK is under copyright by the Poser people and I am not sure if they want to give that out for free.

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

I have Poser 11 installed, I direct Vue 2024 to the Poser 11 folder and it does not work.

So yes problem and its not just me.

And no I cannot describe more as there are no error messages.

I have looked for a Vue log file but no luck.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2024 at 10:09 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Are you getting an error message, or is something else happening? I pointed it to my copy of Poser 11 and it works fine. At least I assume it's working fine. It loads the file without any error messages.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

mouser ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2024 at 5:33 PM

I click Import Object

The Import Options box appears

I click OK

Message requiring I point to Poser application

I click OK

Poser Import Setup box appears

I locate the Poser 13 folder with the Poser AP in it

I click OK

The box disappears and then instantly reappears and Nothing, the setup box just suits there.

No error message, no clue?

I have been using Poser & Vue since Poser 4 & Vue Desprit without issue until now.

I stopped once Vue moved to a subscription based system.

And yes I tried Poser 11 as well, same result.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2024 at 8:15 PM ยท edited Sat, 25 May 2024 at 8:17 PM

mouser posted at 1:12 PM Thu, 9 May 2024 - #2987474

I have downloaded the free version of Vue 2024 and it is unable to find/open poser 11 when I import a poser file?

Error codeย DLOIS_1791

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Are more up to date versions of poser compatible?

Thanks for any advise.

I'm on Windows 11.

For fun, I downloaded the trial version of Poser Pro 11.3.818 from posersoftware.com and installed it. However, I get the same error message as you. I don't have a serial number, so I can't test any further. Maybe Posersoftware will contact me about buying a serial number. I assume TRIAL versions of Poser do not work with E-on's Poser SDK.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2024 at 3:56 AM

Just to clarify that - it is not e-ons SDK, it is Bondwares. No SDK from them, no compatibility with later versions. And now it is too late for an update.

DLOIS_1791 is a generic error message that tells only that a generic problem in loading the file has happened. Nothing more.

And indeed, I think the trial version will not do the trick here. But in this I might be wrong.

My guess is still that the problem might come from the fact that the pz3s that someone tries to load that has Poser 11 installed and directed Vue correctly to it but uses later versions of Poser to generate those, contains features that are newer than Poser 11. And/or tries to use import features that are no longer compatible.

For a test I recommend to load an old Poser character without any special settings and use the basic import settings - no re-posing, no Poser shader tree and only frame 0 and not an entire Poser animation. That is interesting to see, if that works or not, here it does.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2024 at 7:00 AM ยท edited Sun, 26 May 2024 at 7:03 AM

The PZ3 I used was the default figure when opening Poser Pro 11 TRIAL. No Poser add-ons.

On my old computer, I have VUE 9.5 Infinite with Poser 6. I can import a PZ3 made from Poser 6 into a VUE 9.5 Infinite scene. Save the scene. And them open the scene in VUE 2023. The embedded Poser 6 PZ3 object loads with the scene just fine into VUE 2023. And the scene renders from VUE 2023 look just like the renders from VUE 9.5 Infinite. This all happens without telling VUE 2023 anything about Poser importing.

I don't plan on buying Poser Pro 11 if it's not going to work with VUE 2023.

mouser ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2024 at 4:32 PM

I guess I'll try Vue 2023, nothing lost to trying.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Just for my understanding, why do you all insist so heavily on pz3 file exchange? Has anybody tried to export from Poser in another format that Vue can read and use this route?

obj works for me as well, Collada too. Both of course need a bit of tweaking of the materials, but that is the same with the pz3 imports into Vue.

Btw, before you mention it, Collada comes in with very strange reflection settings, but that is a problem of the export, not of the Vue import., And in Vue you can very easily correct that with "edit all materials" in one go.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 7:07 AM
wabe posted at 12:42 AM Mon, 27 May 2024 - #4485322

Just for my understanding, why do you all insist so heavily on pz3 file exchange? Has anybody tried to export from Poser in another format that Vue can read and use this route?

So I don't need to fiddle with every material for every body part. Why do you think I insist so heavily on PZ3 for import?

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

I need to fiddle with each material as well, when I import pz3 files. The treatment of materials is very different between Poser and Vue. But this is not a big issue really, can be done with "edit all materials" in almost one go, only the eyes need a bit more tweaking, but with macros in Vue this is all very easy to do.

And now that there is no development of Vue anymore, you have to work with what you have. So, when I understand it right, you better do not use Vue when you have to tweak the materials to get the best result?

However it is, I have all said in this thread, I'm out here now.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 6:55 PM

I'd like to hear from VUE 2023/2024 users here who do have Poser working for their importing. Specifically, which version of Poser for Windows is being used? I see that SkinVue is now included with VUE. Does it work with the Poser used for importing?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 8:16 PM ยท edited Mon, 27 May 2024 at 8:16 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

This is what I did

Go to file>options click on the import tab

hit the configure Poser import button

Hit browse. Move to where you have Poser installed.

Pick your Poser folder and then hit the Select Folder button.

I ignored the sdk option because there was only one choice.

Now I pointed it to my Poser 11 install. I had it pointed at my Poser 13 install using the same method but I was getting this error message when I tried to import the scene

I would hit no and it would continue on like there was no problem. It just was annoying so I changed the folder.

This is a render of a Poser scene. I did a little editing of the skin because it was too shiny. The lips should have been done too. A few other shaders need tweaking. The buttons should be silver. It was just a test render. I don't know much about Vue yet.

I also wonder if the errors have anything to do with the operating system or where Poser is located. As you can see my copy of Poser isn't in the program files. And I'm on Win 10.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 9:58 PM

Did you get your Poser 11 from Smith Micro? Interesting.

Has anyone had a problem with the Poser 11 from Poser Software (Bondware)?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2024 at 10:13 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I had originally gotten it from them, but then I got the Bondware version because Smith Micro shut their server down. And at one point I uninstalled it so there shouldn't be anything left of the Smith Micro version.

mouser ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2024 at 6:50 PM

Nope that makes no difference, it still stops at the Poser Import Setup.

Tried with both v11 & v13

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2024 at 7:24 PM

So what's the exact version and release number of Poser (Pro or non-Pro) for Windows that works with the free VUE 2023 and VUE 2024?

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2024 at 2:01 AM

Apologies I am a carer and my time is not my own.

According to the about Poser splash pages

Poser13 v:13.3.686

Poser 11 Pro v11.2.329

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2024 at 5:05 AM

My Poser 11 Demo expired. So I don't even know what version it was. It won't let me get to the About screen to find out.

mouser ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2024 at 9:38 AM

Okay took some time but:

Uninstalled Vue2024

Installed Vue2023

Imported Victoria 4 from Poser 13 no probs.

Issue seems to be Vue v2024 but not sure what.

Vue 2023 worked okay.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.