Sat, Aug 3, 1:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 01 1:43 pm)

Subject: Why is Poser rendering a blank screen

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2024 at 5:46 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:11 PM

My Poser was working fine bu sddenly is began rendering a bank screen.
It shows the render as it works but when finished it is blank.
If I renderin the Raytrace window, it renders fine.

it renders f I send t to Queue but not on the main render window.
This happens for superfly andfirefly.
Now all my versions of Poser dors the same.
Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

JAFO ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 6:10 PM

"It shows the render as it works but when finished it is blank."

This rings a bell for me... In a previous version I had a similar problem with SuperFly, turned out the contrast in PostFX was set to -1 somehow(I didnt do it). Try unchecking 'apply post effects to render' and see if it makes a difference...

I have no idea why Firefly isn't working, but I suspect there may be a cross-bleed of settings that shouldn't happen... I've had renders in SuperFly that showed red splotches(like those that appear when calculating indirect light in Firefly) or incorrect Gama that seem to have been alleviated by turning off or adjusting settings in Firefly. Strange things sometimes surface in the unlikeliest circumstances, I think those are commonly referred to as 'bugs'.

Hope you find a solution...

Y'all have a great day.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 4:36 PM

Thank you. :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

0Tried that, stilldoing t.
It shows it rejdering in the screen window bit when finished it just goes empty or blank.
It renders in the queue manager or the little iray preview.
Don't know why iy started doing that.
I've even uninsalled, rebotted and re-installed but getthe same reults.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 6:33 AM
Site Admin

can you post your render settings?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 9:05 PM

Are you by chance trying to get a camera angle Looking UP at your subject?

This happened to me all of a sudden, it took me bit then I realized I had the camera BELOW ground.
Working in the work space all looked just fine, but renders came out a Blank Screen.
At first I could not believe this was the case but I moved the camera Up and re-rendered and *POOF* there was my scene....just not at the angle I was wanting so I had to play around until I got an angle Poser would accept and I would accept:0YMs2OdLEf685l8jJSTvvBMD06qTi5j689L5zh4K.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 10:03 PM
Site Admin
igohigh posted at 9:05 PM Sun, 12 May 2024 - #4484702

This happened to me all of a sudden, it took me bit then I realized I had the camera BELOW ground.
Working in the work space all looked just fine, but renders came out a Blank Screen.
At first I could not believe this was the case but I moved the camera Up and re-rendered and *POOF* there was my scene....just not at the angle I was wanting so I had to play around until I got an angle Poser would accept and I would accept:

This sounds like you had the camera underground. A workaround would be to make the ground invisible to the camera

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 4:15 AM

Poser's camera are sometimes so difficult to retrieve, especially if the scene has many objects.
Here's a trick I use when I have difficulties to retrieve it, often because of the presence of an object that could turn the rendered picture black.

It's all summed up in this image:

2lB2DqSS9HBTGr6N2C1Hxj3m9wO1YzNVmyHPdEXc.png

- make the aux camera the active one
- turn on the display of the cameras (hierarchy window), and make the main camera visible, this will select it as well
- menu: display > object > cartoon
- if you still don't see it: frame the said cam

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 6:45 PM

RedPhantom posted at 10:03 PM Sun, 12 May 2024 - #4484704

igohigh posted at 9:05 PM Sun, 12 May 2024 - #4484702

At first I could not believe this was the case but I moved the camera Up and re-rendered and *POOF* there was my scene....just not at the angle I was wanting so I had to play around until I got an angle Poser would accept and I would accept:

This sounds like you had the camera underground. A workaround would be to make the ground invisible to the camera
Yes, I found my camera Was underground.....While I did have the Ground Prop invisible and no shadows I did not think to make ground Invisible to the Camera!

I will certainly give that one a try next time; THANKS!

But I guess this was not Faery_Light's issue???? Just thought I would toss it out...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 8:24 PM
Site Admin

I"m not sure  Faery_Light's problem. She may need to contact support

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2024 at 1:02 AM

I'm not sure why it does it.
It does it with everything set to default too.
I'll post a shot of it this afternoon.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2024 at 4:08 PM

Here i wht renders in preview scrrren.
I made sue Open GL is on, SF at 10 pxls and even switche to NVIDIA Studio driver.
Could it be due to the latest Windows 1q update?

IY2aQ0fWoqQHZ7zL16RYHhHbbsOryWbHVJtTJQDy.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2024 at 5:28 PM

Can you post the Render Settings please? Not how your window looks--click on Render, Render Settings, and take a screenshot before you do the rendering. Thank you!

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2024 at 3:25 PM · edited Sun, 23 June 2024 at 3:32 PM

Your screenshot above showing your render in preview mode, still you shouldn't be seeing a blank screen.

Could you show a screenshot showing the preview screen and the properties tab with the camera selected?

Have you tried rendering from a different camera?

Y'all have a great day.

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2024 at 3:56 PM · edited Sun, 23 June 2024 at 3:56 PM

Here's how I keep track of my camera, its parented to the head of the tripod and locked. If I need to make adjustments I move tilt or rotate with the tripod, keeps things more 'real world'.... LOLDjohmN0O1RmMt2B6bwS9hPMyvvOfsRkx2HE3kJA2.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 1:08 PM

Thank you all.
I've tried each thing but still not working.
It started this about a month ago and still won;t render to the render screen.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 3:55 PM

Can you post your render settings please? If nothing works, please submit a ticket at posersofteare dot com.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.