Mon, Sep 30, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:22 pm)

Subject: Manually installing content in Poser 13

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:20 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:02 PM

I am new at Poser 13. I would like to install content but I want to install it manually, so that I have things exactly where I want in my library.

I did as I have always done with older versions of Poser : I installed the poses in the Pose folder, and the textures in the Texture folder, but it does not appear in my library, even if I refresh it. I probably missed something, but what ?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

In what location are you manually installing?  Windows or MAC?  To the Poser 13 Content runtime?

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

I'm using Windows and I'd like to install in the Download library, where all my old purchases for PoserPro 2012.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:59 AM
Site Admin

I believe Poser 12 and Poser 13 have separate download libraries. You might check that you used the correct downloads runtime and that's also the runtime you're looking at.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Where is the Download Library located?  If you are installing in the Programs Files Primary Poser installation, that is a bad location.  With the current Windows 10 or 11, UAC  will interfere with installed content, either preventing access or relocating them to a virtual location on your drive.  My recommendation is to install in a location away from the Programs Files folder. 

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:10 AM
RedPhantom posted at 10:59 AM Sat, 18 May 2024 - #4484953

I believe Poser 12 and Poser 13 have separate download libraries. You might check that you used the correct downloads runtime and that's also the runtime you're looking at.

When I installed Poser 13, I chose the "Dowload" library for my old PoserPro 2012 runtime, and i works fine. But it seems that any product I add in this runtime won't appear in the library. Is there a way to check to what runtime the library is attached ?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Is Poser open while installing content?  If so, you need to refresh the Library window.  Make sure that the PoserPro 2012 Download runtime is linked to Poser 13.

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:32 AM · edited Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

hborre posted at 11:05 AM Sat, 18 May 2024 - #4484955

Where is the Download Library located?  If you are installing in the Programs Files Primary Poser installation, that is a bad location.  With the current Windows 10 or 11, UAC  will interfere with installed content, either preventing access or relocating them to a virtual location on your drive.  My recommendation is to install in a location away from the Programs Files folder. 

Poser 13 is installed on my C: drive, while all the runtimes are installed in the D: drive. It just seems that the library doesn't update.

Am I the only one who installs manually ?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

I always install manually because I have numerous runtime folders and separate my content accordingly.  However, I always inspect the folder hierarchy within each zip file so that the primary folder is called runtime.  Otherwise, I correct the hierarchy structure within the zip file and install it afterwards.  I have all my runtime folders on the D: drive.

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 12:03 PM
hborre posted at 11:43 AM Sat, 18 May 2024 - #4484964

I always install manually because I have numerous runtime folders and separate my content accordingly.  However, I always inspect the folder hierarchy within each zip file so that the primary folder is called runtime.  Otherwise, I correct the hierarchy structure within the zip file and install it afterwards.  I have all my runtime folders on the D: drive.

I suppose you have had previous versions of Poser. Do you have a special library for older stuffs ? Do you use the default "Download" library or have you created new libraries ? Perhaps I should put all my old purchases in a new library rather than using "Download", which was pre-installed ? Although I don't see any reason why this one wouldn't be appropriate...

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

I tried to create a new library for the same runtime and, this time, I find the new product I have installed.

freek2 ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2024 at 5:39 PM

I may be speaking out of turn, but working with megatons of disparate media in the TV industry [stills/audio/video], I found that media sitting on the desktop provides the easiest, fastest, and most stable access to said media. Transferring this ideology to Poser 13, I just create a Runtime folder there for all of my content. It looks a little weird in the Poser's GUI library, but works really well [this concept should work equally well in PC or Mac].

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.