Mon, Sep 30, 5:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:45 pm)

Subject: Opening pz2 files into Poser 13

RLinders ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 12:31 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 3:38 PM

I'm new to Poser 13. I'm trying to open some pz2 files into the program, but whenever I do I just get the standard mannequin. Can somebody guide me through what to do?

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 1:10 PM · edited Sun, 19 May 2024 at 1:27 PM

pz2 are pose files You need to load a figure first then apply the pose file to it

RLinders ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 1:18 PM · edited Sun, 19 May 2024 at 1:27 PM

Hi, thanks for informing me. Can you guide me on this?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 1:27 PM
Site Admin
RedPhantom has moved this thread from the 3D Modeling forum to the Poser 13 forum as of Sunday, May 19, 2024 1:27 pm

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 3:42 PM · edited Sun, 19 May 2024 at 4:35 PM
Site Admin

You will find your figures in the figures part of the library

Double-click on the one that the pz2 file is for. This will load the figure.

Then switch to the pose section. And find the pose you want to use and double click that

This will then pose the figure in that pose

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RLinders ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 3:49 PM

Okay, I see you're using a pz3 file here. Is it the same with pz2 files? I ask because I'm trying to upload a pz2 file but the ones I have are greyed out as if to say it doesn't support the file type.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 4:01 PM
Online Now!

Poser is a library-based application. You must install things to your Runtime and look for them in your library.

You might want to search for Poser basics tutorials :)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 4:34 PM
Site Admin

I apologize. I typed pz3 but I meant pz2.

Pz3 are scene files while pz2 are poses. I'll fix my post.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 4:44 PM
Site Admin

There are different types of files for poser content.

cr2 is for figures and conforming clothing

pz2 is for Poses and character morphs (parameters that will change the shape of your figurer.)

fc2 is for expressions and faces

hr2 is for hair

hd2 is for hand poses

pp2 is for props and dynamic clothing

lt2 is for lights

Cm2 is for camera angles

Mt5 and Mc6 are for materials. Mt5 is for a single material usually able to be applied to anything. Mc6 is for adding several materials and is specific to a certain figure or prop.

and Pz3 is for scene files.

As Ohki said, they are all loaded from the poser library rather than outside of Poser

RLinders ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 4:23 AM

Okay, so I've uploaded the files to the poses. Now how do you get them to open on the display in front of you?

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 7:23 AM · edited Mon, 20 May 2024 at 7:32 AM

When you downloaded the poses, were they arranged beneath a folder named Runtime? (for example Runtime > Libraries > Pose > (foldername) ?

If not, you will need to put the pose files in such an arrangement, in a runtime folder that is attached to Poser, in order for the thumbnails to appear in the library folder.

It might help if you can tell a little bit more about the folder structure in the pose files you downloaded.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 7:36 AM · edited Mon, 20 May 2024 at 7:36 AM

Try this:

1) Open Poser, and right-click on the Downloads folder in the library

2) Choose Show in Explorer (or Show in Finder on the mac)

w73k4C8gOyVJGftiTJDWhOAKmw1fQVQpi2xMYOc0.png

3) in Explorer or Finder, choose the Downloads > runtime > libraries > Pose folder

4) Add a folder name that is descriptive of the poses you are using. (example: My Poses)

5) Copy all the PZ2 files and PNG thumbnails into that folder. Now you should see them in the Downloads folder in the library and you can just double-click the poses to apply them to your character. Generally, you should apply poses to the character that they were made for (example: La Femme poses to La Femme, Victoria 4 poses to Victoria 4, etc)

RLinders ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 8:42 AM

I think I've sorted everything out now. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.