Sun, Oct 6, 9:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 14 is it going Subscriber?

mouser ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 8:20 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 11:09 AM

Subscription is being listed as a new feature/upgrade for Poser 14, bwahahahahahahahahah...

Oh wait they are really saying that! (facepalm)

Lets see, applications I can remember using often & then immediately dropping as they went subscriber based.

-Adobe CC

-Zbrush

-FilmicPro

-Vue (recently free due to subscription killing it)

There are heaps more but as I don't use em anymore so I don't even remember them.

subscriber I have found means either minimal/slow upgrades or cosmetic ones (i.e. none at all) as they rent out their wears.

I can see Poser 14 being the last version as people cannot afford all the subscriptions.

Just look at streaming its dying streamer by streamer.

I'm probably the old geazer shouting and shaking my fist at the clouds as this will be a sales & marketing idea to suck the last few shekels before gasps & dies.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 8:36 PM
  • Adding Subscription Option in Addition to Perpetual Licenses

-is not the same as going subscription.  It means they are considering it as an *option*. Let's not panic or make others panic. If people don't think that should be a priority area for the devs, please make your voices heard and tell them you don't want that.

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 9:28 PM

Hate subscriptions and hate the call home crap

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 2:24 AM

Get rid of the home call nonsense.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 5:33 AM

For me, as long as it's phoning home, that has nothing to do with Perpetual License. So... if they get rid of the recurrent calls to "Mommy's Home", I could consider that option.
Why? because no  human can predict the future in the current state of Human Civilization, no one can be 100% sure that:
- internet will remain accessible all the time for everybody
- no weird, geopolitical decisions of definitely weird politicians will happen. to cut  any communication with some countries.
Do you think I'm exaggerating? The Tik-Tok effect in the USA could well be the start of a series.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 6:44 PM

Not he same as going subscription huh.

My experience with subscription is that a company reaches the point where sales & marketing are in charge and or have hunted for something people find useful.

What then?

Well usually they have spent other peoples money getting it or have promised bigger profits to the share holders and now they have to deliver.

And guess what, your gonna pay for their bonus this quarter (free lunch).

I could be wrong (I do hope I am wrong) but so far this has been 100% the case in my experience.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.