Mon, Jun 24, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 22 8:19 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: another big prop, puzzling

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 1:45 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2024 at 8:09 AM

I believe Mother's House is what I need for 2 projects but I need to get inside and work with it, etc. the outside looks like this at full magnification.

h6uwbHJUqjzekcN3UUnIyET4NvMw8kiXTa9cn4J3.png

the closest I've been able to get inside with main camera is:

JUptNKSgyFp5WBPlLqtULt1NzJvPpjak7twoaCfv.png

I need to walk through the house, but how do I do it? I shrunk it to 5% and this is what I see, but I cannot figure how to explore at this magnification or minification with main camera, bump into walls, not see rooms from one POV, etc. Any advice?

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 1:51 PM

and when I back out and try to click on the outside wall to make it invisible, the cursor "sees" thru it and clicks on contents. how may I click on interfering walls?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 2:15 PM · edited Thu, 13 June 2024 at 2:16 PM

wow, I opened hierarchy palette and it let me in and I'm roaming around and even get one figure in place, kind of. is there a tutorial that goes into depth on this stuff, I'm "flying blind" without many tools that I know of..

drawnsr6SVI80fL5ZP7W11uG5i9Elv9u66eAxkzfBGgfX.png

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 3:25 PM

Unfortunately, the model does not contain cameras for each room.  According to the documentation, it is scaled for Poser, and no adjustments are necessary.  However, the walls are interconnected, so you won't be able to individually make sections invisible.  

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 6:28 PM

can I "make" new cameras and leave them in the 3 or 4 rooms I'll shoot in?

yeah, I'm concerned about the walls. but I;m learning to navigate my main camera through, kind of.

on the bed I'm using for the boy, it has a pretend bed cover but I can't open it up and slide the kid in. plus I need a good pillow for him which I hope I can find somewhere. can I make a bed cover, give it the Cloth treatment as in one of the tutorials, and drape if over his body? I think so. can I put a pattern on it from somewhere?

asking a lot of info here, thanks for being helpful,

drawn

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 7:03 PM
Forum Moderator

Top Menu > Object > Create Camera > (probably) Dolly

The new camera will be at the bottom of the Cameras drop-down list.

Dolly cameras behave like a camera mounted on a tripod they will be easier to manage in a confined space.

Important note is that custom cameras are locked to a scene. You can't saved them to the library for use in another scene.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 7:37 PM
drawn posted at 6:28 PM Thu, 13 June 2024 - #4486176

can I "make" new cameras and leave them in the 3 or 4 rooms I'll shoot in?

yeah, I'm concerned about the walls. but I;m learning to navigate my main camera through, kind of.

on the bed I'm using for the boy, it has a pretend bed cover but I can't open it up and slide the kid in. plus I need a good pillow for him which I hope I can find somewhere. can I make a bed cover, give it the Cloth treatment as in one of the tutorials, and drape if over his body? I think so. can I put a pattern on it from somewhere?

asking a lot of info here, thanks for being helpful,

drawn

Creating a bed spread or cover will require using the Cloth Room and running an animation to drape the Cloth mesh over the boy and bed.  Applying textures isn't a problem, providing that the patterns are scaled properly.  After the animation, the draping cloth should be saved to the Library as a prop, otherwise, you will need to rerun the animation every time you reload the scene.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 7:48 PM

I will work with these, thanks nerd and hb

drawn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.