Mon, Jul 8, 5:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff, ashleyb, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 3:48 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Ordinary members no longer valued?

ajmilton ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 4:07 AM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 4:26 AM

Monday Markdowns now only apply to Prime.  Bargain Bin discount now reduced for Ordinary members. I can appreciate the desire to maximize and retain "premium" customers, but it seems like there are barely even any scraps on the table for Ordinary members.  What has prompted this change of policy?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 7:08 AM
Site Admin

If you're referring to the Monday Madness sale, all members may enjoy select products by our top sellers & popular vendors at 60% off.  PRIME members at 65% off.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ebasham ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 9:59 AM
Site Admin

We certainly do value all of our members, and as RedPhantom has pointed out the Monday Madness sale provides a significant discount to all members of Renderosity. Is there a certain product that you are referring to?

shonsu ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

As the title states, we the ordinary members are no longer valued.  In this case, I'm referring to fact that only Prime Members can earn Rewards Points on content purchases.  As a result of the change, I'm purchasing less content.  I'm not going to become a Prime Member either because of the annual membership cost  (another surprise) 

ashleyb ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2024 at 12:11 PM
Site Admin

We do value our customers and we are looking at the incentives now to make sure the customers are always satisfied. Rewards for customers is a great idea. I will bring this to the team. 

snarlthewerewolf ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 8:56 PM

It used to be you got X points for $1 spent if you were on prime and X points for $1 spent in the store. The lack of new content showing up in the store isn't helping much either. One of the high points of Renderosity was that there was always new products being posted over the course of the day and made it worthwhile to check the site over the course of the day, unlike Daz which just dumps new products in the morning and that's really it . Now I feel like it's a tiny handful of items a day if even. Hoping you guys get your bearings and more vendors back soon.

ashleyb ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2024 at 10:19 AM
Site Admin

We are actually working on new programs that will bring newer products to the market. So, in due time you will see a lot more products in the Marketplace. 

ajmilton ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2024 at 5:04 PM

Thanks for the various comments but I still think that the levels of discount (and perceived value) available to ordinary members has got worse in recent weeks/months.  I havent seen any promotions recently where ordinary members can get 70% - whereas previously there were.  Yes - Monday Madness is now 60% - but its pretty much the same products recycled every few weeks.

And lets face it - we all know that pretty much all sellers will have a 50% discount event fairly often - so 50% is the baseline expectation.  Now some of the weekly events offer us a massive 40% - so why on earth are we going to bother even looking?  We will just wait for 50% or better.  And its not just about percentages - because of course the notional full price makes a difference.  Its also about actual buying price per product - for a given type of product.  Some Renderosity sellers offer competitive items when you look at what you get compared both to other Renderosity sellers and the other marketplaces.  But I also know if I sit and wait patiently for the right events in certain other places I will get 75-85% discount and an actual price that meets my budget.

Over the last couple of years I have spent a few hundred dollars here at Renderosity and some of my all time favorite 3D vendors are here. BUT.... I have spent at least 10 times that amount elsewhere because I see greater value for money elsewhere.  I'm not disrespecting the amount of time and effort that content creators put into their work - I admire their hard work. It's just simply that many items here are not competitive in the broader marketplace.  (And I'm only talking about Daz - as I'm not a Poser user)

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

@ajmilton Testify! I agree with your assessment.

On the bright side, Prime is half-price right now. That makes the price reasonable again. And if you have enough reward points to buy a GC, you can bring the price down further. I consider this a good time to buy Prime and see what happens. I did it. It could be a one-time thing. I'll say, though, don't rely on the Prime freebie to brighten a DS user's day (or maybe anyone's day, really) - It's just a La Femme hat. No wonder they keep it secret. >_> Then again, IME, Prime freebies have never been much to brag about.

The per-dollar reward points and sale prices have been the biggest draws. Even the coupons have limited use when many vendors won;t take a coupon. Even so, I've noticed recent sales where the Big Deal was $8 items - Not really my idea of a bargain. $4 would be a lot more inviting.

Oh well. Prime or not, try harder Rendo. Try harder!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 11:54 AM
Site Admin

This is the first time in a long time that the prime freebie wasn't compatible with both programs. Most of the time, it's compatible with both.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2024 at 12:02 PM
RedPhantom posted at 11:54 AM Wed, 3 July 2024 - #4487015

This is the first time in a long time that the prime freebie wasn't compatible with both programs. Most of the time, it's compatible with both.

Figures. Doesn't help me this time. This is July. Used to be Prime celebration month and there would be 3 freebies. Guess that's over, too.

wkt_1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2024 at 7:09 AM

we the ordinary members are no longer valued.  In this case, I'm referring to fact that only Prime Members can earn Rewards Points on content purchases. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.