Sun, Sep 29, 12:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: 3-part view, can't locate ground...

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 10:39 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

my view of the main props and actor has gotten disrupted and I need to restore it. this 3-port view shows the problem, I think. the bed is floating at an odd angle to the ground in the aux and top views but the Main view I have no comprehension where anything is. the bed and Ben are floating in outer space and I cannot find Ground can someone please guide me step by step??

0gDIHiNE3tpn5kBQ3Wrar3MujL0wScIj7CwfSqtF.png

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

sorry forgot to push nudity button because I cannot fit Ben in pjs or underwear (for l'homme) or Will, and the purpose of bedcover is to cover him, but it floats away too. please forgive, dammit, or I'll beat my fists on the wall!

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 11:18 AM
Site Admin

yeah, the bed is all wompy jawed. Select the bed. Then go to edit>restore>object and it should fix it for you.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 12:45 PM
Online Now!

It appears that the cameras also need to be reset to their default settings.  There is so much chaos going on in the scene, props and figures are in disarray.  I suggest zeroing everything and starting over again.  Your workflow should start with the Ground Plane.  Next, introduce the bed and add and parent the pillows to the bed.  Load the Ben figure, pose him, and translate him onto the bed.  It makes no sense to dress the figure if it is going to be undercover in the final render.  For forum presentation purposes,   dress him with the appropriate clothing from the Library; delete it before doing the sheet simulation. 

Parent the bed to the figure so they don't become separated from each other when moving either prop or figure.  Once all the world translations are determined and set, position the sheet for cloth simulation and run the animation.  You want to simply the workflow, but make it efficient enough to avoid unfortunate issues.  Save often so that you can go back to a restore point rather than reconstructing the scene from scratch.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

that worked fine, thanks Red, I'm gonna try to make an 8 year old boy from l'homme figure.  any word on when l'homme 2 comes out?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 1:04 PM
Online Now!

It might be by the end of the summer but there is no guarantee that there will be a child morph available.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.