Mon, Sep 30, 5:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 2:32 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Carrie And the Tropical Shield - A Silent Story

Peter_Pixy_Harrison ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:21 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 3:24 AM

Every year since starting this 3D and written adventure in 2020 I have put out a story of some kind, last year of course I published the entirety of The Promise, my first attempt at a much shorter format book.

This year of course I have yet to do so, mainly because Life Downside Up finally was released and in the background I am now writing a further four books, all at the same time.

So mentally I don't have much mental space to start writing a story or at least not a story with the kind of depth that I tend to write.

Yet I still would like to do something? I have been working on some new characters in the background and most of them have been sidelined to allow me to actively weave tales of my four books, but that gave me an idea.

They always say that "An image speaks a thousand words" So why don't we see if that is true?

So what I'm going to do is introduce a silent story, a story told purely with images and no written narrative and see if anyone can actually work out the story?

In effect I'm still writing a story just it will be you that assembles the narrative and hopefully make the story more relevant to you too?

Does it make sense?

I sure hope so.

If you are curious to read my first book Life Downside Up, follow the link to My website where you can order a copy 

If you want to read my first short format story, follow this link to read The Promise it's free

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:52 PM
Site Admin

That's a great idea. They can be tricky trying to get certain ideas across but they can be fun too.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:55 AM

I'm watching.

Peter_Pixy_Harrison ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:38 PM
RedPhantom posted at 4:52 PM Thu, 1 August 2024 - #4487948

That's a great idea. They can be tricky trying to get certain ideas across but they can be fun too.

Thank you, this is more me saying "I'm doing it" and working out where I will be showing it, so it will be happening though it might be a bit?? Sporadic in posting as writing four stories and promoting my first released book is quite time consuming (Though I realise that even writing a silent story is still effectively writing a fifth story)

I guess working out how to do this will be fun/nausea/tourettes inducing?

If you are curious to read my first book Life Downside Up, follow the link to My website where you can order a copy 

If you want to read my first short format story, follow this link to read The Promise it's free

Peter_Pixy_Harrison ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:39 PM
vikinglady posted at 3:55 AM Fri, 2 August 2024 - #4487957

I'm watching.

Thank you, it might be a little sporadic in posting but I managed to post a full 80000 word story last year so I don't see why this should be much harder?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.