Sat, Sep 28, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 12:06 pm)

Subject: Poser 13 resets my custom keyboard shortcuts. Help?

moatmai ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2024 at 8:10 AM ยท edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 2:58 PM

In short: Poser 13.3.686 keeps resetting my custom shortcuts. Is this a known bug or just me?

- I changed the shortcut to the Dolly Camera. This works.

- I changed the shortcut to the LHand and RHand cameras. These reset after Poser is relaunched.

- I cleared the "memorize object/figure/lights/camera/all" shortcuts. These reset to the default shortcuts after Poser is relaunched.

The actual situation is even a bit weirder:

- I set my shortcuts and they work.

- I shut down and relaunch Poser: My custom shortcuts are gone.

- I shut down and relaunch Poser again: The default shortcuts are back.

My Windows 10 install is working with a German keyboard layout.

In %Appdata%\Roaming, I oddly have two Poser subfolders, "13" and "13_2024_03_13 10_45_57 PM". Both contain a "Accelerators.xml" file.

I tried the following:

- Checked for conflicts.

- Rename the "Accelerators.xml" files to reset my customizations. I then changed my keyboard shortcuts again. The same problem persists.

(I should possibly mention that Poser also resets shortcuts pointing to German-language-specifics keys, such as Ctrl+ร– or Ctrl+ร„.)

I am considering the following workarounds:

- Set my custom accelerators and set the read-only attribute for "Accelerators.xml" to prevent Poser 13 from resetting them.

- Go back to the old ways and edit the "Poser.xrc" file in the \Runtime\ui\ subfolder of the Poser installation directory.

Could anybody perhaps suggest a less brutal way to solve my problem?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2024 at 9:45 AM
Site Admin

I've never done much with the shortcuts so I can't say much. The only thing I can think of where this happens when you restart is what are your launch behavior settings. I'm assuming you don't have it set to factory default but if you have it as the preferred state, did you remember to save the preferred state after you set all your shortcuts?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2024 at 11:01 AM

Could it be a problem with the German interface? Did you asked the support?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

moatmai ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2024 at 12:02 PM
RedPhantom posted at 9:45 AM Fri, 16 August 2024 - #4488420

The only thing I can think of where this happens when you restart is what are your launch behavior settings. I'm assuming you don't have it set to factory default but if you have it as the preferred state, did you remember to save the preferred state after you set all your shortcuts?

Yes, I have tried this: Launch Behavior is set to "Launch to preferred scene". I have then edited my shortcuts, closed the shortcut editor and pressed "Set preferred scene". The preferred scene loads, yet Poser continues to reset the shortcuts.

moatmai ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2024 at 12:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 12:11 PM

Y-Phil posted at 11:01 AM Fri, 16 August 2024 - #4488424

Could it be a problem with the German interface? Did you asked the support?

Perhaps I should have made this clearer: I'm not using the German interface, Poser is running in English.

Also, I figured I'd ask here first to find out whether this is a common issue. Will try support next.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 1:55 PM

Is there any synchronizing software, running in the background, that could be desperately restoring the said file?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

moatmai ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:11 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:11 PM

Y-Phil posted at 1:55 PM Sat, 17 August 2024 - #4488479

Is there any synchronizing software, running in the background, that could be desperately restoring the said file?

No, there isn't. And yes, I did check :)

And I did contact the official support. Turns out it is a known problem of the current Poser build.

I've tried to prevent Poser from overwriting the Accelerators.xml file by setting the write-protect attribute. This worked ... to a point. Poser 13 is no longer overwriting the Accelerators.xml file, but it still ignores the settings therein. When I find the time, I will try out the poser.xrc route.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2024 at 8:44 AM

Soo a new release of Poser 13, let's hope that it'll be managed.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.