Sun, Sep 29, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 6:32 am)

Subject: wall sneaks into render

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 1:35 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 3:50 PM

I have a perfect scene visible on screen, BUT the render shows a wall blocks part of the scene. is there a way of discovering that before the render and making adjustments to eliminate it?

drawn

GC4Gbo3u4CTovGsOjTPmbg8XopMqdLUTebxGkWWG.pngOzPwah00h2obh3IcGH0RrxVDFXpEsLNxmMfwABPZ.png

plus, the render loses much of the good quality the preview has. the settings I used are:

dxMCEhFx0VO3uqGkd1jUFlmJU8R3xteuZVdpHsKV.png

xGNDez0BeCqiFUwgc43VlojnAmoUvVKFEl5bOqFZ.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 3:56 PM
Site Admin

I’m away from my computer so I may not be exact. To help with the wall, if it is a separate piece from the rest of the house you can either hide it or uncheck visible in camera. Both are on the properties tab. If it’s all one piece, there is a work around that’s too complicated for me to explain from memory. 

It’s likely a one sided piece  of you go into render settings and click on the preview tab there’s an option for showing or hiding back facing. I don’t remember the exact wording. Set that to show back facing. Then you won’t have hidden walls anymore. 

It’s hard to advise for the render settings when I’m on my phone. Under load presets try one of the higher quality options. Low quality is good for test renders and higher ones are good for final images because they take longer. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Tipol ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 4:36 PM

GIlfdjiJd3Ilh9JAbRgWjM0zmUBclJT6VNiF183w.PNG

The rendering settings seem very low. This is what I use most of the time, a compromise between quality and speed.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 4:18 AM
Online Now!

If you're using superfly you can try using the hither camera dial to cip into the scene past the wall and render.  Only works in preview and Superly renders though, not firefly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 8:14 AM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 8:14 AM
Site Admin

Here is my test render render settings

This is my intermediary settings. This is sometimes my final image settings but I usually need to use the denoiser in postfx so if I try that and I lose detail, I'll go to the next settings.

This is my final settings. I don't usually go higher than this.

Sometimes I leave the Adaptive Sampling checked, sometimes I'll turn it off. It depends on if the scene looks grainy with it on and if I want to use the denoiser or not.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 10:04 AM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 10:04 AM
Site Admin

In addition to adjusting render settings, you may need to adapt your materials.

I'm not sure which figure this is but his face shader is a lot less shiny than the back of his head or his arm.

The bump map on the table and chairs seems a little strong.

And your lighting seems to need work. I don't see any shadows. Make sure you don't have too many lights and make sure at least one light has it's shadows turned on.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 10:23 AM

Poser needs to set up a school or college, with Charles Taylor as Head Honcho, and the rest of you as professors. I'd ike to attend, I need at least a Masterr's Degree in POSEROLOGY!

DRAWM

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 12:49 PM

Nah, just practice with simple scenes and read the manual on how to add and remove things. We all been beginners once.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 1:46 PM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 1:46 PM

The school of hard knocks.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2024 at 9:01 AM
Site Admin

We all learned the same way, by trial and error and asking questions in the forums. There's a learning curve to Poser. You can't go from 0 to awesome overnight. But that's the case with any 3d software.

KageRyu ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

A few tips for scene composition I would suggest:

Get in the practice of Viewing the scene using different cameras while setting it up.

Set you main Camera Preview mode to be solid shaded so you can see the position of the main camera when looking through another camera (helps when trying to prevent clipping)

You can sometimes fix clipping issues with walls by adjusting various camera settings such as Focal Length and Scale.  Be careful on how much you change Focal Length as it can greatly alter the overall look. +/- 10 should not alter the look too severely though.

I almost always render to a specific resolution, and only use fit in preview window when doing simple lighting, texture, or composition tests.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:41 AM

Thnks to all of you. Im learning 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.