Sun, Oct 6, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: Seeking advices for DS content libraries organization

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:26 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:30 PM

Hi, I just purchased a new computer where I intend to install DS from scratch. I already have another DS installation on my older computer but I tried to use 2 content libraries and it didn't work well (G8 morphs on the second library did not show in DS).

Then on the new computer I will install G8 under My DAZ 3D Library.

My questions are:

- can I install G8 clothing/hair on a secondary library or should they be in the main library too in order to support G8 morphs ? 

Any potential issue with my future setup (below) ?

o My DAZ 3D Library (with all Genesis content)

o Lib_Clothing

o Lib_Hair

o  Lib_Environnement

Than you

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

donnena ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:41 AM

Map to the parent folder.... the one that contains data, people, etc

;>

Andy!

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 1:36 PM

Oh, How do you do that ? I am in the content Directory Manager and I have no option on my content Library except modifying the path. 

Edit Base Directory

Remove Base Directory

I am using DS 4.10. Don't see how to create a relationship between 2 libraries.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:37 PM

Unlike the older figures using the INJ/REM system the Genesis will work with their content, even morphs and other assets loaded by the figure itself, split across multiple content directories (as long as they are in the correct location within the content directory, and as long as you don't have one content directory inside another (that will work for loading, but may produce saves files with an incorrect relative path).

To add a new directory right-click on the Daz Studio Formats and/or Poser Formats top-level container.

yarp ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 12:43 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I never got a clear understanding on how it works. I though the moprhs (data) had to be in the same library as the base figure.

And as per my own experience I didn't see the morphs I had installed across 2 different content libraries.

Ok clear now, so I feel free to install the libraries the way I see fit. Thank you I've been watching videos and reading forum posts on this for a long time without getting a clear view.

split across multiple content directories

That's what I was looking for. Maybe without asking with enough calrity myself :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.