Wed, Oct 2, 9:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 6:35 pm)

Subject: Dynamic Clothes WIPs for La Femme 2

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 3:34 AM

Anyway, for the pleated skirt, pulling the waistband up to the waist and adding 4cm of length in the back seems to do the trick.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 3:32 PM

odf posted at 9:58 PM Sat, 17 August 2024 - #4488491

Rhia474 posted at 9:16 PM Sat, 17 August 2024 - #4488489

Yes, even all the way around, achieved with clever tailoring, just like with longer skirts.

I swear, the longer I play with dynamic clothes, the more my respect for tailors grows. And for anyone who can sew, really!
Thank you - we're not okay. LOL (granted, I'm not a tailor, but I do some sewing... for cosplay even. We're NOT okay LMAO)

On the hemline for skirts, I can tell you - cheap skirts are often the same length all around, much to my aggravation, as a big butt owner. Yes, they hike up at the back. Yes, it looks bad. Please don't be a cheap digital tailor. 🤣

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 3:35 PM
odf posted at 3:15 AM Mon, 19 August 2024 - #4488519

Follow-up question: should the waistband also be perfectly horizontal? (Implying that it really has to sit snug in the waist and not sag.)

That one is up for the look you're going for. When I make my digital stuff, I often make curved patterns at the waist. The patterns tend to curve down (like a U) at the front pattern and curve up at the back pattern to fit neatly.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 6:16 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 6:16 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:32 PM Mon, 19 August 2024 - #4488541

odf posted at 9:58 PM Sat, 17 August 2024 - #4488491

Rhia474 posted at 9:16 PM Sat, 17 August 2024 - #4488489

Yes, even all the way around, achieved with clever tailoring, just like with longer skirts.

I swear, the longer I play with dynamic clothes, the more my respect for tailors grows. And for anyone who can sew, really!
Thank you - we're not okay. LOL (granted, I'm not a tailor, but I do some sewing... for cosplay even. We're NOT okay LMAO)

On the hemline for skirts, I can tell you - cheap skirts are often the same length all around, much to my aggravation, as a big butt owner. Yes, they hike up at the back. Yes, it looks bad. Please don't be a cheap digital tailor. 🤣

Well, I'm definitely a very cheap digital tailor, but I'm trying to do better. 😅

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 6:18 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:35 PM Mon, 19 August 2024 - #4488542
odf posted at 3:15 AM Mon, 19 August 2024 - #4488519

Follow-up question: should the waistband also be perfectly horizontal? (Implying that it really has to sit snug in the waist and not sag.)

That one is up for the look you're going for. When I make my digital stuff, I often make curved patterns at the waist. The patterns tend to curve down (like a U) at the front pattern and curve up at the back pattern to fit neatly.
Good point! I was only thinking about straight waist bands, but of course I could also make them curved.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 2:38 AM

How is this looking?

gOrSEXgCjwsiQODRjbATVJW1oY4hPk5Hpky0p0kM.jpg

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 3:18 AM

And this...

kpo5CsdhctQ7lsAHpFhmcZQZwI33tru6H1MSxem1.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 5:38 AM

So far, the skirt looks good.  However, she is leaning forward in those poses indicating that the front of the skirt is shorter than the back.  Put her in a different, upright pose or place her in a T- or A- stance.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 5:53 AM
hborre posted at 5:38 AM Tue, 20 August 2024 - #4488571

So far, the skirt looks good.  However, she is leaning forward in those poses indicating that the front of the skirt is shorter than the back.  Put her in a different, upright pose or place her in a T- or A- stance.

👍

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 1:44 PM

Looking good for me!

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 5:17 AM

I completely redid skirt 3 and now it's my favorite.

0h6oD9C0DaOdHEvMRJ6yOxzw4NxVsSvvGWopRjSs.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 11:12 AM

Hi odf they are really looking great!

I just have one question; how do you do your cloth thickness? Are you using the piping in MD2? I was giving up on that as I did never archive good results and do them in Hexagon in a second step.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 2:12 AM

jroulin posted at 11:12 AM Thu, 22 August 2024 - #4488632

I just have one question; how do you do your cloth thickness? Are you using the piping in MD2? I was giving up on that as I did never archive good results and do them in Hexagon in a second step.

Easy, I hem all my garments, but instead of folding the fabric in, I create extra pattern pieces to be sewn under the main fabric. That allows me to assign a separate "hem" material and make them invisible in Poser because a small amount of poke-through is bound to happen.

Here's what the pieces, sewing and internal lines look like for the waistband in the skirt above:

9WqLFI4M1b1SQroi6BFuXWYmmQeZit8jDy4Kh44m.jpg

odf ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 2:38 AM

By the way - seeing that, as per usual, things are turning out fiddlier than I originally expected - I've changed my release plan slightly. I think it will be a three by three now, three miniskirts as one FreeStuff item, then three shorts as a second, and finally three textile-efficient tops. All kind of summery and thus perhaps a bit off season for the Northern hemisphere, but then again, I am not on the Northern hemisphere. ;-)

odf ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 3:55 AM · edited Fri, 23 August 2024 at 3:55 AM

Here's the latest version of the pleated skirt. I lengthened it a tad and made the waistband slightly wider.

zDel6qriQY5RWvb6JSEsFYTbFGcWaO2VcSbJa1c5.jpg

odf ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 3:56 AM

And I changed the circle skirt a bit, too.

TjT3dMkx6e4HZoK49SxIEQD7Vwl2h80Vr6NhScmS.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 7:51 AM
odf posted at 2:12 AM Fri, 23 August 2024 - #4488664

jroulin posted at 11:12 AM Thu, 22 August 2024 - #4488632

Easy, I hem all my garments, but instead of folding the fabric in, I create extra pattern pieces to be sewn under the main fabric. That allows me to assign a separate "hem" material and make them invisible in Poser because a small amount of poke-through is bound to happen.

Here's what the pieces, sewing and internal lines look like for the waistband in the skirt above:

Thanks for the explanation odf having the back layer invisible is a good way not to have pooks visible. I need to think about it.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 3:32 AM

I'm currently debating whether to make the tight/straight/pencil skirt just a tiny bit longer, so that it doesn't ride up quite as much when she sits down. Once I've decided, I think it's on to materials.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 6:59 AM

If I may, as a woman, I personally would welcome something a wee bit longer... :)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:14 AM
Rhia474 posted at 6:59 AM Mon, 26 August 2024 - #4488787

If I may, as a woman, I personally would welcome something a wee bit longer... :)

👍

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 8:57 AM
odf posted at 3:32 AM Mon, 26 August 2024 - #4488785

I'm currently debating whether to make the tight/straight/pencil skirt just a tiny bit longer, so that it doesn't ride up quite as much when she sits down. Once I've decided, I think it's on to materials.

Create the length at mid-thigh. Then you can create a length adjustment morph that goes from mini to knee length without too much texture distortion. 8-)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 6:59 PM

DeeceyArt posted at 8:57 AM Mon, 26 August 2024 - #4488791

Create the length at mid-thigh. Then you can create a length adjustment morph that goes from mini to knee length without too much texture distortion. 8-)

I imagine I could do that, but for clothes I make with MD, I generally prefer to change the length there and export as a separate item.

I could certainly change all three skirts to mid-thigh length, though, if folks prefer that.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:32 PM

I think the suggestion was more to create an item that cak be modified in length to be more versatile.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:51 PM
Rhia474 posted at 7:32 PM Mon, 26 August 2024 - #4488808

I think the suggestion was more to create an item that cak be modified in length to be more versatile.

Thanks! Maybe my phrasing was unclear. I understand the suggestion, I just don't want to make the morphs for the length modification. If I made the skirts mid-thigh length, folks could make their own morphs with magnets if they so chose.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 9:06 PM

In addition, I've been thinking that all three skirts might look better just a tad longer, unless we're optimizing for maximal leg exposure while technically staying decent. :-)

odf ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2024 at 1:23 AM

On second thought, I think I should probably just make the straight skirt a teensy bit longer for now as mentioned and publish them like that. I can always make a set of longer skirts later if there's demand.

Generally, please don't hesitate to ask if you'd like a variation of any piece of clothing I've published, especially if it's just something like longer/shorter/tighter/wider sleeves/legs/waist. Chances are it's easy to do, and even if I don't feel like making a new proper FreeStuff item, I can always make it available for download somewhere as a free-floating prop file.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2024 at 2:02 AM

Anyway, I don't brain good today, so best ignore everything I wrote, except the part about all y'all always being welcome to make requests. That one's serious. If it seems easy enough, or fun enough, I might even do it.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 12:52 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 1:00 AM

I want the materials to work with all three skirts, so I ditched the red leather in favor of this:

LJeFp7avolGRlW2XlbeLYVlS4ka0HzWcNl730Zsr.jpg

I've also made a grey version of this, added a blue houndstooth twill, and updated the green tartan and the orange polka dot material.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 7:51 AM

Oooh what's the open shirt! Those are all looking pretty :D

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 3:47 PM

She borrowed the shirt from Antonia.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 8:05 PM

Also, I'm glad you like the skirts. I just submitted them to FreeStuff.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2024 at 1:48 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 1:51 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I heard an "oooh" from Ohki, so I dug out the old MD file for the shirt/blouse, cleaned up the pattern and fitted it to La Femme 2. It's always a bit of a pain to "cross-drape" clothes by hand, so I'm glad I did that. Here's a fully buttoned version before hemming (nudity checked just in case because of the hint of areolas visible through the fabric).

pntXqjPdlIY499bFcLtfxZWhI4Z5sTuEIzz5nJK2.jpg

A thing I found when I worked on this for Antonia is that Poser is really keen on unbuttoning her, so I had to add an actual seam for every closed button, which also means that every open-close pattern requires a separate prop. I ended up doing fully buttoned, single-button and unbuttoned for the old Antonia version, which I'd probably do again were I to release an LF2 one. But maybe "fully buttoned" could leave the bottom and top (or top two) buttons open? I'm not sure what the current rules are about these things.

Also, obviously the buttons need to be rigid decorations. I forgot about that and Poser *did not* like it. :-)

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2024 at 4:01 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 4:01 AM

I think the shirt and skirt works really well. Great idea to do a pre-buttoned and a loose one. My guess is that a top two buttons open version might be really useful.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2024 at 2:53 PM

Double Oooh! That's looking great! And top two buttons open option sounds cool :D

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2024 at 6:34 PM

Coolio, I'll do the top two buttons open version then. Also, if you love it now, wait until you see it with a collar.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:46 AM

Shirt with collar and shorts...

NIuVreCcbztDwIBg1spQpBeHlMd3rhL3UG9cvN4s.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2024 at 6:54 AM

Love that one too :-)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2024 at 6:19 PM

... Single-handedly giving her a full (and great) wardroooobe~~

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2024 at 6:31 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 6:19 PM Thu, 5 September 2024 - #4489096

... Single-handedly giving her a full (and great) wardroooobe~~

That's the goal. Well, not necessarily the single-handed part.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2024 at 2:28 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 2:29 AM

Now I'm playing with the simulation settings for the collar to see what looks best. Here I made to top (folded over) part of the collar as stiff as it goes, while leaving everything else at Poser's defaults. That's definitely looking much better than making the bottom part of the collar also really stiff. But I guess a bit more stability might not hurt. Maybe I'll just hem it and see how that works. I think I'll have to hem the folded over part, as well, just to give it some visual thickness. Incidentally, I'm not sure whether to call this a blouse or a shirt. It does have a shirt-like collar but is very fitted and does not have a yoke or a collar button (at least not yet, who knows).

2XgKtMJNjdART1ib5a9s6ynbagign0AjY8fNL3tl.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 7:44 AM

Very nice!

And eh, I'd call it a crop shirt LOL

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 6:33 PM

Well, it's certainly a crop something. :-)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2024 at 3:58 AM

Hi, I'm back from trying out Dawn 2 and have entered that stage where I'm fiddling with material options for the cropped shirt.

FCdHCERDpUZ464AKCCLHQEBbAPzZoWa0ElQCu1ru.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2024 at 2:22 AM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 2:23 AM

By the way, would anyone be super-keen on an office-compatible version of this combo? I've never been an office lady, so I can only guess at what's appropriate, but I'm thinking skirt knee-long, sleeves down to the elbows, shirt tugged in might work? Simulating a skirt over a tugged-in shirt is pretty much a no-go, so I'd just merge them into one item then.

At least seven material options, naturally. 😁

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:14 AM

Something like this maybe?

UjT0Ckp6pjPtLqonHzuIe4z7MX9Okjwe6NB8E8Yk.jpg

(I was literally like "pencil skirts - how do they even work" and had to google patterns. The answer, as always, is darts.)

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2024 at 8:19 AM

Yup, that would be great. Skirt perhaps shouldn't ride up that high though ( friction settings)? From strictly office compliance standpoint.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:43 PM

It's probably just the skirt still being a bit on the short side. I'll make it go all the way to her knees when she stands and see how that works out for sitting.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2024 at 6:38 PM

Yeah, for that to be fully office appropriate it needs to be a bit longer, and the blouse material less sheer.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2024 at 6:48 PM
Rhia474 posted at 6:38 PM Tue, 1 October 2024 - #4489922

Yeah, for that to be fully office appropriate it needs to be a bit longer, and the blouse material less sheer.

👍

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2024 at 6:50 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 6:51 PM

I think she might also need something like an "under shirt" breast morph to go with the less sheer blouse material.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.