Tue, Oct 1, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hexagon to Carrara import issue

benney ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:25 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 3:40 PM
Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone can help with this issue between "Hexagon" and "Carrara", When I save or export a model from Hexagon as Carrara format then try to import the model into Carrara I get the following the following message "An I/O error occurred while executing import...". Yet if if I export the model from Hexagon as an obj etc then it imports into Carrara without any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

benney ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2024 at 3:35 AM

Thanks for your help with this. I am using Carrara8.5pro and the latest Hexagon. but I also have version 2 of hexagon before Daz purchased it. I tried it out and it exports to carrara just fine but the problem with version 2 is that it is missing a few helpful tools so now i have to decide do i proceed with .car or just run with the industry standard .obj. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2024 at 8:08 AM

Seems to work for me.  Mind you I just created a primitive cube, exported as a car file, then opened the file in Carrara no errors

benney ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2024 at 9:32 AM

I tried that and sadly it didn't work. However when i use Hexagon 2, everything works just fine. Sadly there are a lot of great tools in 2.5 which are sadly missing in ver 2. I have written a rather "LARGE" note to DAZ about this issue so we will see what they have to say in the near future.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.