Sat, Sep 21, 10:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Wierdstop has a sweet idea

Slynky ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 4:34 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Actually, if we had a calender contest, I could easily see a calender being sold as RenOS merchandise, and selling pretty well actually! Everyone's buying coffee mugs and whatnot, why not a calender? We could even make a couple with different themes and whatnot. Give the proceeds to something or other, maybe split it with the entrants who have images in it, and say no more than one winning entry for the year, so there aint any page hogs (coughcoughalcoughpha*cough). WHADDYA ALL SAY?

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 6:31 PM

Gee, bad cough you got there, Stynk...... OMG, I agree with Stynky again.....gonna have to stop this..... Gorra admit, it wasn't a bad idea (for a woman...lol) and I like it lots....... (",) P.S. Does anyone have any tips for getting creative juices flowing again, coz I've got the Artists Equivalent of Writers Block at the moment, and it's killing me..... erm, legal ideas only please....mind-bending drugs will NOT be considered...........yet...........

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 6:50 PM

Hey Jordi, What's the weather like over there? Try this approach to get ideas. 10 Get a notepad. 2)Take a walk. 3)While walking drink a soda drink or a cafinated drink or A alcoholic beverage. 4) Eat massive amounts of candy. 5) Write down whatever comes to you mind. 6) Use the best one or what ever you think after reflecting upon the list you just composed. And yes it's basically what I do for ideas. Bsteph

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 8:59 PM

Hi all, You know I was thinking of a digital calander which would just be viewed on the computer. Doesn't some company make one. We should be able to import our own pictures. Of course we would have to purchase the a sales liscence to sell mini executable files. But that should not be too expensive. I think Alpha is roughly correct for the printing of hard copies. On the otherhand I knew this couple which made ( or resold I'm not sure which ) "limited market" calanders for $10.00 US each a few years ago. HOWEVER they were B/W. I think we could decrease the weight of the paper and squezze the packaging price a some. It seems like it should be do able for say $8.00 a peice. That would leave roughly $6.00 "profit" using Alpha's figures. Especially if the labor is "free". But then again I've never worked in publishing. Should be a great way for renderosity artists to gain some advertising though... What was the price for the Poser ( or was it Adobe ) artists calender? I remember seeing it but I can't remember. Bsteph

Slynky ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 9:51 PM

well profits to divvy up if there were any. I wouldn't care if I didnt get any cut of it, but it'd be cool if my work was hanging on rcooks wall.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 11:52 AM

Bruce Cockburn would be proud. Don't ask me why though.

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 2:23 PM

Man, profits?? Hell, who gives a damn about profits when you've got a picture in a calendar???? LOL (",)

samsontse ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2001 at 1:02 AM

PRofit..?what the heck is that???.......heh wait a sec...that's MY NAME ON THE CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.