Sat, Sep 21, 1:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Bryce, Vue d'Esprit or WorldBuilder ? (CuriousLabs's special offer)

sulian ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 5:26 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

CuriousLabs contact me for a special offer about WorldBuilder (and you too, i suppose). Is WorldBuilder a better choice than Bryce or Vue for Poser Character (image, movie, ...) ? I have never use WorldBuilder so i do not know how it works with Poser's file. Thanks

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 8:27 AM

I'm not sure how WorldBuilder works with Poser either as I don't have it. I DO know that it has a steep learning curve. Bryce 5 has a funky interface (some like it tho) and Vue d'Esprit can import .pz3 (Poser's native files), but it's buggy. I use Vue d'Esprit myself, and since I can't speak for WorldBuilder, and I find it the easiest between Vue and Bryce to use and understand. I renders just a little bit faster than Bryce too. However, you must weight what you are willing to deal with: hard to learn (WorldBuilder), hard to get used to (Bryce) - because of the interface, or hard to tolerate (Vue) - because it's pretty buggy right now. Laurie

jaybutton ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 9:41 AM

I have been looking for a terrain building program myself, so last month I downloaded the demos for all three. Each of them can import Poser models and each of them creates a truly beautiful end result. In the end I chose WorldBuilder. I am also a 3D Studio Max user and WorldBuilder has a better interface with Max. Though Worldbuilder is not as easy to learn as Bryce or Vue, it is not in my opinion overly difficult (compared to Max). It also seems to be a more powerful program. Granted, I am new to Poser and only used the demos for these programs. Perhaps someone with more experience will answer your post. Jay

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:01 AM

Terragen 8.11 If youre looking for a program to create great looking backgrounds for your poser scenes, you might want to investigate Terragen 8.11. Its a 3D terrain builder but outputs only 2D images. Lots of settings for terrain, clouds lightning, water. It can batch render scenes along a camera path. Quite worth investigating. Dont forget to have a look at the gallery and the userguide. It creates great looking output!!! Maxx :-)

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:02 AM

Forgot to tell, its free...

sulian ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:33 AM

In fact, i want render Poser's scene into one of these programs. I heard that WorldBuilder can import Poser animation, it's why i want to know who is the best.

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:36 AM

Something else you forgot... where we can get Terragen. Thanks.

ronstuff ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:52 AM

As for World Builder versus VUE and Bryce - I have them all, and MUCH prefer VUE for 75% of the work. World Builder is very unreliable, slow, cumbersome, difficult, but powerful if you want control of every blade of grass and every pebble on the beach. For most Poser users, WB is a frustrating waste of time. Either Bryce or View are better choices. The choice between Bryce and VUE is much more difficult to make, as both offer some great features. More freestuff (textures, materials etc) is available for Bryce, but VUE is more Poser-friendly. Ultimately, you might want both, but if your interest is in quickly importing Poser figures into different environments for quick rendering, then VUE gets my vote. Don't get me wrong, World Builder has its place in a well equipped 3D studio because of its ability to procedurally "grow" an unlimited variety of rocks, trees, shrubs, flowers, grasses (and much more) and then to "sprinkle" them about the landscape in realistically random patterns. But for most Poser users that is overkill if you just want a basic environmental setting and better rendering for Poser.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 12:09 PM

Note that terragen is just for generating images... you can't import poser figures into it or do any composing in the normal sense. You could generate background images, but that's about it. Some beautiful output though.

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 12:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

Arghhhhhh, my head hurts. Heres the link... Maxx

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 12:24 PM

Thank you Maxx. I do hope your head feels better soon... ;D

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 1:19 PM

If WorldBuilder can import Poser animation, that's great. Like I said, it has a really steep learning curve, but if it can do that and it's what you want, then I'd get that. If you are interested in static scenes, then get Vue d'Esprit 4. It can import Poser scenes directly from Poser's native .pz3 format. No other program that I know of can do this. Bryce can't do either animation or static import of Poser objects except if you export all the models from Poser out as .3ds, .obj or something like that, then apply all the textures, bumps, etc. Maybe version 6 :). But, like I said, Vue 4 is quite buggy at the moment and the creators are working on getting that cleared up. Couldn't tell you when that will happen tho. Out of all 3, Vue d'Esprit is the cheapest and you can get great results with it. If you count Terragen, then it's the cheapest because it's free ;). But you can't render inside the program, you can only render an image from it and use that image as a backdrop in Poser. But it makes the most realistic landscapes that I've ever seen, even better than the others except that you can't use plants. It's a tough choice when you don't know anything about any of them, isn't it? Laurie

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 6:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/software.html

Wilbur 1.26 Hi All, Attached you will find a link to another neat little FREE program I just found called Wilbur 1.26. Earlier I mentioned "Terragen 8.11" which creates awsome 2D terrain images. Well, Wilbur can load those .TER (terrain) files created by Terragen AND save them as, yes indeed, Wavefront .OBJ file. How convenient. Ive been messing around with Terragen and Wilbur and imported a terrain into Poser. Scaling the terrain will need some investigation as well a terain coloring texturing, but it looks promissing. Try it out for yourself. If theres enough interest I will keep you posted. Let me know what yall think... Maxx :-)

alextsar ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 5:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.digi-element.com/posersupport.shtml

Hi, I've just posted information about the Poser support in World Builder. Just follow the attached link! Best regards, Alex.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.