Mon, Sep 23, 7:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: On rightclick: new photoshop image

Aeneas ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 4:50 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

when you right click the desktop and go to "new", PS puts an entry there called "adobe photoshop image". i can remove it with a tweak ui type utility, but as soon as i open PS again it puts it back. how can i keep PS from putting that entry on the "new" menu? probably a register setting...

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Beretta619 ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 2:11 PM

AFAIK, you cannot remove it permanently. Adobe likes to pull that stunt with all their products. I have an entry for Photoshop and THREE for Pagemaker! I think the programs are hardcoded to check for, and add those darn entries. I've used TweakUI to remove them, I've even directly edited the registry, and they keep coming back. Really torques me off.

Aeneas ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 6:22 AM

Thanks. I'm afraid you're right. There will probably a Registry key that can be set to a different value or something like that, but, unless I know for certain that someone pulled the trick with no disastrous side-effects, I stay out of there. As for Adobe: they probably do it because in their opinion it is helpful , so...

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.