Wed, Oct 9, 10:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Help with props, parent and childs. help please

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:20 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 10:53 PM

I have a prop with some props like childs, Everything goes ok, but when i add to the library, when i open it from library, all the relationships have broken and all the props are in diferents places around the screen. When i add to the library i do next way: 1. Select the main prop ( the parent) 2. I select the subset ( in the pop up) all the props, the parent and the childs. 3. i add to the library What an i doing wrong? Help! thanks.

adh3d website

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:28 PM

Create hierarchy of props in hierarchy editor first.

pragask ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 1:42 AM

Parenting with props as the master may be the problem . Create a dummy figure as the master parent . Then set the props as children of the master or as children of props in the master . Then save the figure in the figures library .

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 12:12 PM

All is ok now. The problem were two: 1. I move some props after give them the parents. 2. Poser 4.0. qith poser 4 (metacreations), the parentship betwen props disapeare whe i save then in the library, with ten update to Poser 4.03 ( from curious labs), the parentship dont lose after save the props in the library. I import every prop ( obj) again and move them to the right position before apply the parentship. Thank for your replies.

adh3d website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.