Thu, Sep 19, 11:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: morph target with no faces

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 5:59 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Uhm, yep, I downloaded a morph target, and I was gonna customize it, and it wouldn't load in MAX. So I checked it out in a viewer, and I noticed it had no faces. I mean, it has vertices, plenty of em, just no faces. In the viewer all u c r points. Which leaves me with some questions: Is there a way ta give it faces so I can load it in MAX? Would adding faces destroy it as a morph target somehow? R the faces removed on purpose by the creator of the target? And how was this accomplished? Thx fer ne info ...

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 6:02 AM

Oops ... I left out somethin. It's an OBJ file.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 8:27 AM

I gather that is what happens when you strip out all but the V lines, as is supposed to be done on morphs (and isn't always done). This protects the copyright of the original mesh, but if you load the original item into Poser and apply the morph and export the result Max will be able to use it. PS, I do it with a text editor, I think there are utilities for it, though.

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 10:59 AM

If you apply the morph in Poser, you can isolate the morphed head in Poser, MM4 or Compose. If you have previously isolated the head as a base for morphs, you can just replace the v section with the v section from the morph using EditPad.

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 5:23 PM

Thx very much fer the info ... Basically until now the only morph targets I've edited were my own, made from scratch, and it never crossed my mind ppl removed the faces when they were done! I, ah, haven't used Morph Manager, and I meant ta, mainly ta save memory, and now I c it's got other uses as well, so now's a good time.

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2001 at 9:52 PM

Oh-kay, just a final note. It worked. I used MM4, like u advised, right-clicked on the morph, and exported ta OBJ. This had faces and loaded in MAX. Thx again!

love2all ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2001 at 9:50 PM

Which program is being used to "stripdown" these morph tagets? (just curious!)

dollpartz ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2001 at 3:15 AM

As I understand it, they do it by hand, just remove the f lines in the obj file. In ne text editor.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 3:44 PM

Morph squeezer is what I use, it does the "remove all but v lines" also.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

love2all ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 4:08 PM

I did a websearch but can't find Morph squeezer. Can you direct me to a demo.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 7:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com/

Hrmmm... check Traveler's site. MorphWorld 3.0 I think the program is actually called MorphSqueeze or something similar. He may still have a download link for it. If so, it'll be in his tutorials section.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.