Sat, Sep 21, 9:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Ouch

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 4:30 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:01 AM

Just when it seems I'm back on track and heading towards getting some work done......... Hi guys. Sorry (again) for the continued absence, this time it's a bit enforced. I'm now off work on the sick until the start of December coz I'm and idiot. A few nights ago I juped up to answer the phone and ran into the side of a (not quite) open door. Next day saw me at the doctors with a stiff neck, the morning after that saw me in agony just trying to move. Made it to the bathroom where I managed to pass out and ended up unconcious in the bath after trying to make myself even uglier by hitting my face off the sink. Oh, and broke the seat off the toilet somehow too!!?? Anyways, morning in hospital, nice female doctor with some equally nice drugs & now I'm just in a state of controlled pain. ie. it only throbs merrily in the background. Still, at least today I can turn my head sideways...... Hope this counts as a semi-acceptable excuse for yet more absence, but I'm desperately trying to get something underway for the competition!!!!! Will try to pop in as often as possible!!! (",) btw - it's still my birthday on the 29th.....LOL

Maygen ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 9:01 PM

In the articulate words of Homer Simpson...DOH!

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 10:11 PM

excuses are like @$$holes. Everyone's got one, and they all stink. no excuses, you better have an entry in the challenge man. Otherwise, while I'm sure an ugly stick couldn't do any more damage to ya, I'll be looking for a Liza Minelli stick to whip at you if you dont show. get well soon, and I resent that me showing my "normal" side thing, or whatever t f it was you said

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 9:51 AM

Wow Jordy, this happened to me, a few years ago I was doing Yoga, and when I got up I couldn't turn my head too much, when I awoke the next morning, I was in agony. I went to the hospital, had xrays, the whole bit, they told me that I had a congenital birth defect in my neck, a seventh cervical rib that had detached and turned in, and in certain positions would cause it to flip forward and put pressure on a nerve. They sent me to a neuro clinic, who then told me I had curvature of the spine starting as well, and need months of therapy, and surgery to remove the rib, well, I am still here, sans surgery, have had it bother me once or twice, so I am with ya!

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 10:25 AM

I ghad to get swedish massage therapy when I was twelve because playing hockey I got two herniated discs in the span of a month, and was pretty much flat on my back, so I had to go into physio. Thechick who was doing it was DAMN sexy, and I was on twelve.... ry

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 6:12 PM

The mental imagery you created with the depiction of your full-charge assault on the bathroom was riveting! Never jump up too fast to answer the phone after drinking all afternoon! Get well soon!

nplus ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 7:52 PM

Take a picture of yourself and post it......proof.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 12:40 AM

How many stiches? Take care. BTW. If stiches were nescessary I'm sure you could enther them! Get lots of rest. Don't play too much with you children. Bsteph

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 5:14 AM

And I thought I had it bad when I sprained my ankle a couple of weeks ago. I was working late on the puter (as usual) and I took a break on the couch while my monstrous file was being saved by Photoshop. Next thing I knew I was screaming on the floor beside the puter chair with a swollen left knee and right ankle. Only two theories to explain this. Either (1) I was sleepwalking, or (2) I walked towards the puter from the couch and had an episode of narcolepsy. Aaagh.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 6:36 AM

I don't know whether to say thanks or not....glad I wasn't here for sympathy! LOL Seriously though, one of the annoying things is there's nothing too see - just a couple of red marks on the back of my neck where it looks like I connected with the taps.... Anyways, the doctor beleived me enough to keep me off work until the start of next week, so there.... I'm sure I'll have an entry in. Can't get any ideas, but I'm sure I will..... Thanks guys, I'll try to pop in as much as possible.. (",) p.s. Stynky, worrabout your excuse? no camera or darkroom? tch....and you say my excuses stink........lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.