Fri, Sep 20, 10:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: DRIVE me there you big HUNK!

kathyb ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 12:21 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:55 PM

.....reach down for the.......parking brake........ BUT FIRST - MAKE ME A ROAD! Hi all, How do I make a road? A real blacktop, 2 or 4 lane road, heading off into the horizon, that my camera can track down above, at driving speed? Any body know? thanks Sign me, wheeless, Kathy

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 12:31 PM

Build a simple 2D square, placed on the ground. Extend along whatever axis you wish to drive the road. In photoshop, prepare a texture of the blacktop and divider. I suggest building in a square so its easier to anticipate the repeat. Apply in Bryce to your 2D with the setting of "parametric scaled". You may have to fiddle with it in the texture orientation editor, but it should give you the result you want. Failing that, there's a road in the Poser freestuff section, but you may have to convert it to a Bryce-friendly format.

Quikp51 ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 2:00 PM

There's a tut on how to make a windy roasd thourgh hills on Brycetech.com

kathyb ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 5:28 PM

Thanks Virtual Site! I will give it a try. But I dont have photoshop. I use Ulead photoimpact. Does anyone know if you can make textures in there ??( I have been wanting to ask that question for some time now.) thanks Quikp51, I think I saw it before, It's pretty good, but not what i want. I CAN BELIEVE BRYCE DOESNT HAVE ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT BLOWS MY MIND FOLLOW THE LOGIC: Mtns - landscape - trees - ROADS!!!! Wake up Corel!!!!!! Kathy "I love Roads" b

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 8:39 PM

LOL -- well, it does. You just have to provide the pavement. =)

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 11:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.anigma.co.uk/downloads/road.htm

Kathy: Try this link. I think it might be what you're looking for...

kathyb ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 3:22 AM

Wow - and the jumping scared KITTY, TOO! thanks Mark. ( and the Red Vette my hunks can drive me in too. ! ) Kathy

kathyb ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 3:35 AM

ooohhhhhhhhh, anybody know how to make the car wheels go around at correct speed in Bryce? thanks Kath

JetM ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 11:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sams3d.com/Freebies3.htm

If you'd rather use an object, Sams 3D has some in the Freebies 3 section. Straight and curved with textures already

kathyb ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 12:12 PM

Wow, thanks alot JetM, I'll check it out asap! Kathy

luke27 ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2001 at 4:10 PM

Kathy - if you don't need to show the car accelerating, just make the wheels sort of blurry and spinning - if you watch a car on a highway you can't really tell that the wheels spin at EXACTLY the same speed as the road going past. If you want to start animating at a standstill and then accelerate, that might be trickier. Can you measure around the wheel, then stretch that distance out flat so that a marked point on the wheel hits the road at that interval each time? Then regardless of the speed of the car the wheels will move exactly how they should...i hope this made sense....long day....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.