Sun, Sep 22, 12:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 9:12 am)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A butt ugly vampire head....

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 2:43 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

file_235927.jpg

One idea of many.

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 3:50 AM

file_235928.jpg

Variation on a theme...

TRAVISB ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 7:18 AM

ill get started tonight i think il go with the second sketch the jaw horns are sweet!

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 7:43 AM

Cool. Yeah, he's more appealing because he's still relatively handsome. One of those wierd things I've noticed about what attracts the eye. You can make something as weird looking as you wanted but if the foundation was originally something fairly normal or attractive, most folks will want to look at it. This is opposed to something that's just so out there and so different that you can't associate it with anything and therefore it bothers you to look at it. Scott McCleod (sp?) in his "Understnading Comics" book touches on this and some other cool stuff too. If you are into comics or just into art, you should pick it up. It'll start to make you question why certain images "click" while other don't, how composition plays a key role in an images success at conveying a theme, and a whole mess of other things to question your perception of reality.

TRAVISB ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 7:56 AM

i like doing wrinkles alot i think the second one will give me more of an opurtunity to do that i agree with you though about the base of anything i have a weimreiner dog and just yesterday i was thinking how odd it is how pwople choose even more atractive animals like they do people after my wifes sister went must over the color the eyes etc i assume its all primal i do want to make some sweet teeth though

theFOG ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 8:21 PM

re: pic one. YODA? ;-) the F.O.G.

ecoarena ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 9:35 AM

To be honest, I like the first one. I mean, it depends on what you want to portray. Personally, I would hate to meet the first vamp dude in an alley. The second one, however, I feel I could probably reason with, if you know what I mean. He has an air of 'humanity' about him. For me (I've been a vamp fan for 3 decades!) a vampire doesn't need to be handsome (unless we're popularising. eg Dracula). Even if 'it' were handsome, there has to be an underlying 'animal'. Your first image, gives me the impression of something wild about to tear my throat out...that's cool. Even though I like the 'chin horns' of #2, these would likely get in the way of any serious killing! Regardless, your ideas are great!

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 4:35 AM

Thanks. There's always the exception to the rule I guess. However, I must disagree about the horns. They would move down as the chin/lower jaw moves down (at least that's how I see it) so he'd still be able to take a good sized bite or two. :)

ecoarena ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 8:11 AM

Ha ha. He's your creation and you know best!! Good work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.