Tue, Sep 24, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: Newbie Question

EddyDamas ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2001 at 12:07 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:29 PM

Is it possible to have more than two hi rez figures in the poser studio? I can get two figures in there pretty good, but when I try to add a third, I get an "out of memory" message. Which sounds kinda strange, since I'm running 240 mb of ram!????

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2001 at 12:48 AM

first: the out of memory error is a massage ,poser gives when something with the figurefiles is wrong. On top of this page there is a "Poser FAQ" have a look there. Second: if you have two or more highresfigures loaded, and some highres textures and clothes, yes, your memory can be to small.

flip ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2001 at 3:30 PM

from my perspective, look at the size of a .obj file and then imagine it with all the different morphs and control points activated in a rather large running application. remember that all those presets that you have loaded are also taking up ram as well. poser in my opinion isn't something that can be run on limited systems and acomplish the more intresting tricks. running windows? 240 megs of ram? is that the on board or the ram allocated to the application? my bet is that you've run out of ram.

EddyDamas ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 12:00 AM

ooook, Flip. If you can tell me how to allocate ram to the application, that would be kinda neat, as I have looked everywhere with the program's menu, and failed to find anywheres where I can allocated memory. Yes, the 240 is on board.

flip ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 6:48 PM

file_238059.jpg

its quite possiable that you'll need more psysical ram on board for what you've described You can't increase the applications ram from within the application - its a function of the operating system For the Macintosh PC: locate and single click ( highlight) the application (non-launched) icon press the command ( apple) - "I" keys ( get info) a window will popup with the application specific information increase the "max memory" settings leave about 10% of the available ram for system (finder) functions. If you don't know how your ram is divided up you can bring the finder up front ( click on the desktop) click and hold the apple ( top left of screen) and select "about this macintosh" it'll bring up a screen that'll detail the ram divisions for all your running applications. (screenshot attached) - easy for the IBC PC: Its been too long for me to go over that since I really don't remember I rather not "guess".If you're stuck with a clone - just say so.... I feel its safe to say that someone else around here will be able to give you for that info. - sorry that I was only able to give 1/2 the answer flip

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.