Tue, Sep 24, 11:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: Dungeon kit - cartoon + line mode only. Any interest?

Maz ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 5:48 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

file_240725.jpg

I've recently been working on a dungeon kit. It consists of a variety of walls with doors, windows, steps, internal corners, external corners, floors, fitments and so on, which all interlock like a jigsaw puzzle. Here's one of the parts. It's very much WIP (Work in Progress) but it should give you the general idea.

I like working in cartoon + line mode and that's what it's designed for, ie straight obj files with no textures. Unfortunately some recent correspondence on this site leads me to believe that most of you folk want everything handed to you on a plate in Poser ready, fully textured, just-add-water mode. I might consider doing a fully textured version for sale in due course, though I've so far resisted the temptation to sully my 3D hands with money.

So I have three questions:

1. How many people are interested in the cartoon+line version in Freestuff? (six or seven walls plus around 3 doors, 3 windows and various fitments).

2. How many of you would part with hard earned money for a lazy man's fully textured, Poser-ready version?

3. If any of you reply to either question 1 or question 2 in the affirmative, what features would you like me to include? Things that spring to mind include:

electric light fittings
oil lamps
firebrand type lamps
rats
cockroaches
more staircases
dangling shackles
etc
etc
etc

PS, I can't count. Question 4 is:

What other types of rooms (if any) would you like to see dealt with in this manner? Bedrooms? Living rooms? Offices? bathrooms? factories? Farm buildings? And with what fittings & accessories?

Roll on Christmas,

Maz

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 10:22 PM

I'd be interested, Maz, in both a cartoon+line Freestuff version and the fully textured, Poser-ready version. I love scenery construction kits. So many possibilities!

I've been planning to do some line-art-style fantasy renders and animations, and what you have in mind would really save me some time and effort.

As for question 3, I have two suggestions: spiral stairways (the ones I build never look right), and vaulted ceilings.

jamball77 ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 11:03 PM

I like to create cartoon looking stuff and would appreciate it in free stuff. I like just having the walls with various floors, doorways, arches, columns and types of windows that you can string together. all the same archatectural style. I use things both ways, but like you're saying I find that if I have a choice, I tend to go with the more complete offering even if it means spend a few bucks. I will pay for nice things but I have to admit that with my collection growing I tend to be more picky. We're becoming more jaded as a community. People routinely expect mat poses with several different materials for any given prop. I think you're right. To produce such an undertaking is a serious investment in time. And that deserves a monitary reward.

mi-scha ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 2:50 AM

I render my Poser scenes mostly in other progs. Therefor I can use procedural textures and don't need texture bitmaps. If there where a untextured version in freestuff, I would use it.

But jamball77 is right, if I buy something, I expect a 'full package' with textures, even if I don't need them. ;)

One thing I would really like, is some additional 'stuff' in the theme of the scene. Lamps, chains, a mattress, junk and so on.

Atrice ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 4:06 AM

Exccuse my ignorance, do you mean that if I created my own texture and bump maps the cartoon version would become a realistic version?(sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm new to 3D :o) ) If so I would definately be interested in a free version thanks for such a generous offer! Baz

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 5:27 AM

I would be very interested if you posted it to free stuff, and I always make my own textures anyway, so their absence would not be missed. I wouldn't buy it, because I'm often making my own anyway. I don't look gift horses in the mouth, but I don't buy what I don't need to. Light fittings (any sort) are nice and so are staircases. I second the requested for vaulting. Rats and the like can be added to taste by the user. Frankly, I soak up any sort of rooms I can find. Farm buildings and industrial settings would be nice.

jamball77 ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 8:19 AM

Atrice absolutely, you could give this wall thousands of different looks, all through texture and bump maps. also i like what mi-scha says. the junk is what makes a lot of scenes a greater sense of realism.

Atrice ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 11:43 AM

Thanks for the clarificarion jamball, like I said, I'm new to this and snapping up everything I can get my hands on :o) so all these suggestions would be great! Baz

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 3:23 PM

I would like it if you posted a free stuff line drawing version. You can never have to many castles or dungeons. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.