Fri, Sep 20, 2:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: exporting object from 3dmax

kravitz4 ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 2:01 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

file_241307.jpg

Hi again...when i try exporting from 3dmax to bryce i cannot quite get the smooth line from the original...anybody got a hint,i'm new at this i am using habware max2obj plugin picture on the left is the original from 3dmax

prodag ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 2:51 PM

Try to use *.3ds format with out max2obj . Prodag

DMaul ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 4:22 PM

Did you smooth it? Click on the little "E" next to the model when you select it, then smooth the object...

kravitz4 ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 3:46 PM

thanx DMaul...it did the trick..like i said,i'm new at this learning new tricks everyday and by the way i did not need that plugin after all prodag thanx for the tip... I'll be back!

DMaul ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 6:17 PM

Heh...I actually didnt even know if that would work or not...It was a lucky guess then :)

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:06 PM

file_241308.jpg

Move the smooth to about 45-46% Trust me on this do not smooth all the way to 100% or you notice some stretching on more complex meshes. Here is an example of a mesh original brought in.

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:11 PM

file_241309.jpg

notice not much of change

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:17 PM

file_241312.jpg

Much better and you can do this by choosing just the mesh you need smoothed like the body, as the wheels and windshield looked just fine. but that will depend on your computer and how large the model for the amount of time to smooth. It's funny cause I was going to post somthing on this and never got around to it thanks for reminding me. Good luck and let me know how this works for you.

kravitz4 ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 8:22 AM

It seems like you have lost some definition on the side window , the wheels and the side chrome on the doors on that last one ...Is that the one at 45%?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.