Fri, Sep 20, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: D&D MOTEL , Fantastic model set for vacationing Poser People...

davo ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:01 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:36 AM

Attached Link: http://www.beyondbent.com

file_242905.jpg

If your Mike and Vicky are taking a vacation, they will need to stay at a motel, and the best one around is the D&D motel! Davo and Dendras, better know for the more morbid side of poser, have combined their talents to bring you this mainstream, fully furnish,high-resolution, finely detailed and richly textured motel room. This motel comes with a ton of stuff: 35 Props (pp2 files) 3 Posable props (cr2 files)(including morphing bed and toilet) Camera Library with 10 presets Exterior SIgn with full 26 letter alphabet to make your own sign up! 41 Textures and Bump Maps So come visit www.beyondbent.com for a closer look. You'll love this high quality set. Comments are welcomed and encouraged, Davo

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:35 PM

Pretty Impressive work! I can think of loads of scenes for it. (have to start saving my quarters! :-))

Aureeanna ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:38 PM

Why is it that no one ever tells the price in these shameless plugs?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:43 PM

wow... could someone pick my jaw up off the floor for me, it seems to have fallen off my face... wow. Sturk

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:44 PM

That is an impressive piece of work. Very versatile. The props alone are worth the price. The jacuzzi seems a little over-the-top, but I won't quibble. I think you're going to have a best-seller on your hands. The only things missing are a Gideon Bible in the nightstand and a do-not-disturb sign to hang on the doorknob! :) (The reason no one lists a price, Aureeanna, is so you'll have to visit the website to find out!)

davo ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:53 PM

ha ha Little Dragon, that Gideon Bible makes me laugh because it was also on the list of things to make for the room, but..alas, the list got to long and it was chopped. Aureeanna, Little Dragon hit it right on the head, we do encourage people to visit the site, it's worth a look. Doug, this is really an astounding work, I did all the modelling and Dendras did all the texturing and Morphs, the bed even has "sit down on the edge" morphs and the water in the jacuzzi raises and lowers. The bump mapping is great and gives the floor a fluffy look (in my opinion). The window curtains have open and close morphs, the pillow is packed with morphs for head dents and stuff, the drawers all open, and there is even a drinking glass in the bathroom and light switches. There's a lot of stuff to see, so please have a look at the link to dendras site from my site. Davo

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:02 AM

Davo, question; In the pics at your site, I didn't see any exteriors, is there an exterior to the front wall, So renders could be (for instance) of a figure unlocking the door to enter while the camera placement shows some amusing (or otherwise) scene thru the window?

Dendras ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 3:23 AM

Actually, there IS an exterior, mapped and bumped, just waiting for a virtual passer-by. The door opens to a facing wall so that there's a section of hallway outside the room, lest the occupants simply step into that Poser 50% grey void.

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:09 AM

D&D = Dungeons and Davo AD&D = Advanced Dendras Designs

Huolong ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 10:39 AM

Clod that I am, I can't find out in the dungeon's maze where to buy the D&D Motel. It's not listed on any of the CD's or by individual prop.

Gordon

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 11:44 AM

WE should always see a price BEFORE we place an order. Who wants to think about paying before we know the price? Put the price out in the open, on the Product Page.

Dendras ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 11:55 AM

There is a link to the price list at the bottom of the product page. I have one central price list accesible from all my product pages because this makes it much easier to update. ron, did you visit the site? All the information is right there, in plain view.

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:10 PM

I visited your site, and scrolled up and down your price list, and was not sure I found the price for your motel. That is because you're talking about a motel here, and cd's, etc, on the site. If I go to a store, I want to see a price on the shelf with the item, or on the item itself. I won't walk around the store looking for a central price list. I won't try to flag an employee down. I want the price with the item. Your price list isn't a good substitute, and it certainly didn't relate to the item at hand.

Dendras ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:17 PM

It's marked "CD 9: The D&D Motel" right on the list, and if that's unclear there's not a whole lot I can do .I'm very sorry you weren't satisfied with the way I've set up my website, but it's impossible to please everyone. Thanks for your input, ron... and have a nice day.

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:21 PM

Where's the 25 cent "Magic Fingers" box? Scarab <-"I gots the money, honey, if you've got the time...."

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:34 PM

Dang... I think my company put me up there once on a business trip to Pittsburgh.... :-> Looks great, guys... but no Gideon's Bible?! -nemo

davidgibson ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 1:10 PM

What No Shower??? A. Hitchcock

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 1:11 PM

What's really crazy is you've never bothered to answer my question. It's been my experience that such tactics usually mean I didn't really want to know the price.

Dendras ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 1:22 PM

Augh! All these good suggestions!! Well, maybe we can crank these out as freebies; the "magic fingers", bible, do not disturb sign.... I'll see if we can't crank out a motel freebies pack..... The shower would have been a great idea, but we stuck to a jacuzzi because (a) it's contemporary, and (b) a lot of talented artists have already put out free showers. I imagine any one of them could be used in the bathroom....

Dendras ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 1:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dendras.com/motel/motel_index.html

I deleted post 11 because I've since changed the links to go directly to the motel and then order page... apologies for any confusion, but the new link is included with this post. Thanks!

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 1:33 PM

Wasn't it "The X-Files" that claimed all Gideon's Bibles in hotels and motels are actually listening devices planted by the CIA? :-> God only knows what the "Magic Fingers" are really for... By the way, Davo, I have been getting a lot of use out of your FreeStuff "alien egg" prop over the last couple weeks. It is so detailed and well-mapped... thanks! The quality of the stuff you give away is so high that it speaks very well for the stuff you sell. -nemo

Greyskin ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 2:27 PM

I guess I'll abandon my latest project then. Started a hotel room about 5 days ago. Seems I can't decide what I want to do. I like castles(started one of those), I have half of a leo davinci/atlantis done(leonardos workshop and the island with a story explanation), I have been working on castle furniture, I have been working on armor. To many ideas not enough time in the day.

davo ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:36 PM

hey, that's the second reference to a gideons bible, dang Dendras, maybe we should have made it. We did do the 'marital aid' and bottle of baby oil as an after thought, plus I had a condom in the works too..heh heh I'll try to do a better job for the pricing on my site, sorry for the confusion. The price is listed on Dendras price list and also, be assure you see the price on the shopping cart software page. Greyskin, sorry bud, these kind of things always happen. Dendras and I have been working on this for well over 2 months, modelling and texturing..whew. You can't imagine how many times I've begun a project that somebody winds up beating me to the punch. Thanks for the comments folks, they are highly appreciated. davo

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 10:48 PM

The D&D Motel is a most excellent product. Without question.

davo ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 12:13 AM

Thanks Ron. I also updated beyondbent.com to have a little more adverts as well so I think we got it pretty well covered :-) Davo "magic fingers" rama

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 11:18 AM

I've spent quality time in motels crossing the country. What motel chain supplies their rooms with complimentary dildoes? Which leads me to the next question: what does "room service" mean there... --Tom Bodette, leavin' the light on for you.

davo ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 11:24 AM

well....it could have been a no-tell motel with...uh...hourly rates? Hey! What are you asking me for? Dendras is the one who designed the thing based an on actual motel room he stayed in. And besides, it fell out of Posette's suitcase. That's the story I heard... davo

Dendras ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 12:59 PM

Yeah, the research was hell on earth. I'm still exhausted.

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 7:05 PM

So, is there a sag morph for the mattress for verisimilitude, or should I just do it with a magnet?

Dendras ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 7:27 PM

Ancient proverb say man who do it with magnet wake up with rusty nail.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.