Sun, Sep 22, 12:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: General Poser Poll..please read.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 1:05 PM

Win 98SE, on an 800 athlon. runtime currently 3.5gigs, but all my pz3 files are on a 2nd hd and about 3 gigs as well, thats without the textures I keep in a separate folder, that must be approaching 1.5gigs.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

stu-art ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 3:46 PM

458mb runtime and about 20mb on disc. im pathetic thats all i,ve got to show after two years at this. stu.

xvcoffee ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 4:33 PM

The Poser folder is only 1.27Gig, theres a lot of Freestuff still not on and I dont have Victoria. The system is 9.2.1 and the ram stands at 192, but that's soon to change since this is pay month. Actually, as of Final Cut Pro 3, there may be a lot of changes. That was interesting that someone's tried it on Linux.

diana ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 6:36 PM

Win 98SE

Poser Pro Pack 6.7GB
Poser 4 (without Pro Pack) 6.6GB

I have each version on a different partition. The Poser 4 is a mirror image of the pro pack install except for the stuff added or changed by the Pro Pack upgrade. Some things still don't work right in Pro Pack and it hangs and crashes more than Poser 4 does. Setting them up this way means it doesn't matter which one I make a file in, both can find the same models and textures in their own subfolders.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 8:23 PM

I have Poser 4.02, and I run a dual boot Win98Se and Win2K system. I quit counting how big my runtime directory was after I almost filled an 8.4gb harddrive...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:24 PM

WinME, P3 1.3 Mhz, 128Mb, 40Gb HD. Poser 4.03, runtime folder 5Gb, still zipped also 5Gb

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:32 AM

Mac OS 9.2 HFS extended formated 20 gig drive

And Mac OS X.I On a second 9 Gig internal drive
my entire poser propack folder Is only 640 megs
with mike and vicky2, i just burned the whole thing to a backup CD rom.

I dont download much freestuff and these days i basically use
poserpro as a character animation plugin for
Cinema 4DXL version7.1

CL should consider approaching Maxon ( makers of cinema)
and forming some kind of bundling package with poser pro and
cinema .

My website

YouTube Channel

praxis22 ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 11:58 AM

Hi, Win Me and ~4Gb before my OS died :( but I'll be a bit more choosy when I get around to rebuilding it at the weekend, I doubt it'll be much smaller, just more managable, the one thing I could use in poser5 is something that shrinks the library view, (to keep it managable, my pose dir is huge :) and keeps the most used ones on top :) later jb

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:21 AM

Hi BT!- Windows 2000, right now about 3.5 GB, when I get the rest of the junk moved probably about 5 GB. Also Mac OS 9.1, about 2 GB. I'm bi-lingual!

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 8:31 PM

Windows 98 SE 4.44 GB installed 79 cd's full of poser stuff + 2 gigs on my second drive + probably another 2 gigs floating around my computer.. looking around Jeeze..

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 8:33 PM

79 cd roms is roughly 50 gig..

Papu ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 9:01 PM

79 cd's?!?!?! wow

n3k0 ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:43 AM

Windows 2000 Poser4 dir: 6GB data dir (PZ3's, modified textures, renders): 4GB

xvcoffee ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 11:25 PM

One hour ago I installed two 512Mb RAM expanders, giving my system 1,216Mb of ram. It was either that or one of those new combined CD-RW and Memory stick players, I think I made the right decision, Poser is using 299 of this. Still using 9.2.1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.