Tue, Oct 22, 4:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Insufficient Disk Space... URGENT!

JABevan ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 10:36 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:20 AM

Attached Link: Shi Studios

I'm still trying to work through the "Insufficient disk space to render at the current resolution" error. I've upgraded from Win2K to XP... no change! To recap: The above error is an apparent bug in Poser that will not allow higher resolution renders (above about 600 x 600) in Win2K or XP. It is not completely consistent, I was able to render a few images last week at higher res but cannot anymore. The bug has nothing to do with systems specs (i.e. disk space, RAM, processor speed, or virtual memory). In any case (!), can anyone who has experience with this bug tell me if Poser Pro helps the situation at all??? VERY URGENT! thx! JAB*

JABevan ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 10:38 AM

Oh yeah, to learn more about the problem do a search for "insufficient" in the Poser forum!

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 10:53 AM

I have had nasty crashes when rendering anything larger than the screen size. For instance using "render to new window". Amazingly, I have been able to do larger renders by increasing my screen resolution to its maximum. Perhaps Windows allocates a lump of memory depending on the screen resolution?? Another "Ain't Poser wierd" fact, although I don't know how much this helps you!

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 11:08 AM

"I have been able to do larger renders by increasing my screen resolution to its maximum." I do believe that's a workaround we've never heard before!

JABevan ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 11:12 AM

Interesting! I upped my resolution to 1600 x 1200 and maxed the Poser view to 916 x 1185 and I am able to render in a new window (so far) at 2550 x 3300. It's a work around, not ideal, but it might work... (the Poser max view 916 x 1185 is still not high enough for print though, so I'm hoping that my renders in a new window will continue to work.... funny that it works when I have the VIEW maxed at 916 x 1185, but not when I have the VIEW at a lower resolution???).

JABevan ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 11:26 AM

Yeah, too good to be true! I was only able to crank out a few renders before I got hit with the bug again. Now my highest resolution is 916 x 1185... still not quite high enough! Any word on Poser Pro?... Is anyone getting this error with Pro?

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 11:41 AM

I've seen references in the past to rendering as a "one frame animation" (or something like that) to get around size and resolution constraints. Have you tried that?

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 11:48 AM
  1. Do you have a virus? 2. Do you have bad sectors on your disk? Have you run a thorough scandisk lately? 3. How about a defrag? 4. Got a bad ram chip? 7. Does your computer run hot? Try taking off the case. 8. How much free hard disk space you have? Is it enough? 9. Have you updated all of your drivers?

gladiator ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 2:15 PM

If you run W2K make sure that the drive where you installed Poser is included in your virtual memory settings. Then you won't have the memory problem anymore. To do this, right-click on my computer, click properties, go to the advanced tab, click performance options. Then click on the change button. Include the drive where Poser lives. Give it sufficient space, minimum 2 x RAM and maximum 4 x RAM. After a restart you are out of problems. I did this when I had W2K. I did not have the problem in XP (yet). I did some large renders at 4000x2000, 2400dps. I must say that I have 512Mb Ram. Hope this helps.

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 2:18 PM

I still get that often. You can up your virtial memory, but do NOT go over 3000, things go screwy then. I'm running windows 2000 pro with Poser Pro. 1gig of memory. This problem is never consistant. I can render a pic 2000 x 2000 one day, try again the next SAME pic, nothing changed and it won't do it. Visa versa, somedays I can't, come back later and it will. Poser HP has a bit on it, but their instructions for changing the memory thing is screwy. Made no sense to me.

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 4:15 PM

Thank you all for this thread :) It's a question I was coming in to ask. It's been driving me bugshit for the last month. Updated my drivers, did this and that to no avail. I just figured it was a Poser problem. Didn't even connect it to W2K. Off to try your suggestion now Gladiator. Thanks all.

gg77 ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 5:44 PM

I am running WinXP and have no problems doing 3000x3000 renders at 150dpi.

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 12:09 AM

Thanks Gladiator, that does seem to work. At least so far. ~S~

yvesab ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 3:10 AM

Check your temp folder, under documents & settings, local settings, the display hidden files must be applied for that. Then delete all files in the temp directory. This worked for me Win 2K, 1 Gb memory, poser on a dedicated disk (18 Gb) windows on a 9 Gb disk

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 6:51 AM

Hmmm.., I can honestly say I've never had a problem with Win2K and rendering in Poser... the highest I've tried is a 4500x4500 render, witrh my screen resolution at 1024x768.

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.shistudios.com

Ok, here it goes (for those who are having the problem)... REINSTALL the Poser 4.03 Updater. This seems to have made all the difference. EVERYTHING else more than checked out. Apparently an OS update (i.e. NT -> Win2k, Win2K -> XP) breaks the update somehow. I checked, double checked, and rechecked to make sure that I was running the update (4.03...) but decided to try reinstalling anyway... Let me know if this works for you guys. Happy Posing! JAB*

gladiator ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 12:33 PM

I just saw yhis solution at another forum: After pulling my hair out over the "no more memory for rendering at this resolution" message and trying a lot of diffrent suggestions, none of which worked, I desided to isolate poser from everything else on my PC. I used Pation'omatic (which doesn't require reinstallation of any software afterwards) to make another drive (I allocated 10GB) and moved all my poser (software only) files to here, poser now runs as the only thing on this drive and renders my animations with no problems.... Simple but effective trick. Hope this works for someone else too. Trine Maybe this will do the trick!!

Xena ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 2:28 PM

My Poser lives on it's own 40GB harddrive, I've reinstalled the patch (and Poser) after going to Win2K and I've changed the settings as mentioned before. Rendered out the image I wanted at 3200x3200 @ 300dpi. Closed Poser to get rid of all the damn textures loaded. Reopened Poser and went to render out another image with the same settings..."insufficient disk space..". On the up side, at least I got it to work once :) I haven't tried it since restarting my 'puter this morning so who knows what will happen today s

Bevel ( ) posted Tue, 25 December 2001 at 6:53 PM

Hooray for Windows XP! I was having this same problem with XP and could not figure it out. Then I tried this. I used Windows Program Compatibility Wizard and set Poser Pro to Windows 98/me. I have had no problems since. hope this helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.