Wed, Sep 18, 2:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Supermodel Vickie Mk II Up!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 9:11 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com

file_246016.jpg

I finally did it, combined all of the running changes available for Supermodel Vickie (SMV) along with many others you guys haven't seen (like the new hair CR2 - don't try this pose on most other long hair models! Many new morphs, new poses, all colors set by MATs now, new colors too, as show in the pic. She is going at a special "First Anniversary" sale price, too! There will be a free update available for previous customers, too, as soon as I double check it. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH REGULAR VICKIE OR SMMV SOLD HERE. (Supermodel Morph Vickie already got her Mk II version, anyway!). If you can't wait a couple of days email me at burtonj@bucks.edu

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 9:25 AM

Looks great (as always ) ,I own smv ,smvv, and your sanfranhair. So for what items will there be updates??? (sorry im german and need a bit more explanation ))

zett ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 10:59 AM

I go with thgeisel and I nearly own all your superb products. And yes, I'm german too !

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:49 AM

The update includes a new hair CR2 that is based on the San Francisco Hair, which in turn was based on the SMV hair. ;-) It now conforms much better, and I've added the collar adjustment morphs, to take into account moving the shoulders, similar to the ones in the San Fran hair. The figure has a bunch of new morphs, including long fingernails, "super" clevage, and illac (sp?) crests (those bumps from the hip bone that thin girls show), among others. I did a"more makeup" version of the face texture which is the only thing that you will not get in the free upgrade. I also did "shiny" red and black textures (all set by MATs) for the shoes and lingerie. Plus there is now 12 poses, including the one in the pic. It is all for Supermodel Vickie though, not SMMV. Oh, th e"revert-to-Vickie's face" is also included, for better use of Vickie II's face morphs (which you have to install yourself, for legal reasons) Anyway, if you came in late, here is the whhole story: Supermodel Vickie (SMV) is a stand-alone figure I sell at BBay, you have to own Vickie I or II to extract her, though. Supermodel Morph Vickie (SMMV) is a character I sell in the store here that has almost the same exact same shape made by morphing Vickie (which you have to own), the detailing isn't quite as good, but she isn't half bad! She can wear SMV's clothing line, also at BBay. SMMV can't use SMV's body morphs, incidently, and SMV can't use Vickies's body morphs, either. They all can use the same head morphs, and take the same textures. I plan on having the SMV Essentials II pack out next week, incidently, it is about time!

mickey2 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 12:51 PM

Well Jim I'm excited, I emailed you for the update,so I'm sitting here waiting for the little flag to go up on my email box (smile)!

gladiator ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 1:06 PM

I'm checking my mailbox every minute too. :)

ar2g ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 4:14 PM

Consider yourself mailed by me as well :)) AR

procchi ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 8:24 PM

I'd love to buy her.. but I can't really afford $90.00 for another Vikki Variant.. Don't get me wrong, sh'e great.. but just out of my price range right now, especially after all the brokered stuff I bought at DAZ...

mikes ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 1:27 AM

Will you be including a nose job in the morphs?....;)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 7:36 AM

Gee, I like her face! Noboby else seems to, though. Did you see the render I put up a couple days ago, her next to Gissele? Now would you say that about her? ;-) Incidently, she isn't $90, just $50 right now, and add up what you get - the hair alone would sell a zillion copies at DAZ for $20, but it will never be sold seperatly. Funny thing is, after seeing all the complaints about how Vickie is sold stripped down, I resolved not to do that, and the stuff that comes with her isn't throw away stuff, either. But of course the price goes up, and people say how expensive she is! You can't win!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 7:47 AM

file_246018.jpg

Here is the pic, to save you looking it up!

procchi ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 8:52 AM

Jim. I'm a Canadian. If you'll let me pay $50.00 Canadian for her, I'll buy her. But the price I saw on your website was $60.00 U.S. That's over $90.00 Canadian. One Dollar Canadian is 63.57 cents American. Please DON'T assume that every customer you have is using the same currency. Exchange rates hurt your customers a lot And I've supported a lot of your stuff that you've brokered.. The Hollywood and San Francisco Hair, and I'm looking at getting the French Maid costume or the sweater and skirt combo next. But whatever price point you choose looks MUCH higher to me than to your U.S. customers - there's a psychological chill factor. Consider if you looked at every price in the marketplace - and the DAZ Store and had to multiply everything by 1.5. How much stuff would you find appealing at that new price point? RJust something to think about.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 9:40 AM

Never though about that, sorry! I thought you were talking about one of the package prices, when I see $ I just assume American, didn't you guys use at one time, anyway? BTW, is (option)3 on a Mac, don't try that on a PC!

procchi ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 9:45 AM

Nah. The Canadian currency has always been dollars, ever since Confederation. (i.e. when we actually became a country) It's intersting to note that until about the 70's, the Canadian dollar was actually worth about $1.10 American. Then things started sliding and we've ended up just on the low side of 65 cents. Tell you what. You send me a SMV II, and I'll mail you a nice, crisp Canadian $50 bill. It's red, and has the Musical Ride on it :)

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 9:47 AM

Hi Jim , just installed the update.Looks great , but one question.I updated before from 115.obj to 121.obj , do i have to run the 121.pcf once more ?Seems to be the same as the old one

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 2:30 PM

Nope, your right, it is the same.

Cin- ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 3:21 PM

Wait Wait... go back up... SMV Essentials II? I wanna know more about that :)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 7:24 AM

file_246020.jpg

I really expect to finish it this weekend, items will be: A long sheath-type sleeveless dress with options A really nice pair of low-rise jeans A pair of low-rise shorts with (I hope) a partly working zipper A tank top A halter top A "snake" armband A pair of slingback sandals A pair of knee length boots I'm going to try a semi-conforming setup on the dress that will not pose very automatically, but should allow her to actually sit in it, with proper turning of the dials. The jeans are relly nice, with all the seam and rivet and pocket detail actually in the mesh. I do need to add some more creases below the knees.

procchi ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 8:56 AM

Looks Like Jim doesn't want to take me up on my offer of the Musical Ride ticket.. Ah well. Can't blame a canadian for asking.. What's going to be the price on the essentials pack?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 9:31 AM

Probably $35, same as the Essentials I, that would be Can $52 or so, I guess, except their will be the regular intro discount, too. ;-) Incidently, the original caption on the above was: "You don't expect me to actually walk in these shoes, do you?" The clothing fits Supermodel Morph Vickie too, BTW, but not Supermodel Dina.

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 9:40 AM

file_246021.jpg

SMV with the Ivory-texture from dalinise,hope you like her. I love the more natural look.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.