Sun, Sep 22, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: A Note to ALL CONTRIBUTERS

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 1999 at 7:30 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:24 AM

It has come to my attention that they're are several items posted in the FreeStuff section that might not belong there. Namely Bryce textured 3D models that have been downloaded from somewhere else. Simple rule, If you did'nt make the object, you better be sure you have the original creator's permission before you post it here. I'm not going to be listing names, but those of you who are guilty know who you are. Same thing goes with posting textures(namely the ones that came with Bryce straight off the CD and havent been altered any). I know we all love to share, but please post only "your" stuff. And anybody else that has stuff not entirely theirs without permission, please remove them. Thank you FastTraxx

June ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 1999 at 1:20 AM

Hi there, I've made all these models and textures myself with Ray Dream 5.5. The TajMahal textures are REAL TajMahal pics for the other ones I used Bryce textures or textures I've made. I took me a lot of time to build these models and I really wanted to share them with You. http://members.xoom.com/Blackrose_13/Artgallery.html zelda12@hotmail.com Zelda

KenS ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 1999 at 1:28 AM

And thank you very much for sharing them. I didnt want to come off wrong about the above post, But Their are a couple of items that need to be removed, I wanted to make a note for everyone that if they have stuff here that probably shouldnt be, they know who they are and will hopefully take the time to correct this themselves, without further involvement needed. Im by all means not pointing any fingers at anyone. And I apologize if you took it wrong.

June ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 1999 at 1:31 AM

How I forgot to mention that I am Vincent's (June) wife. That's why all my messages are signed June. Zelda

eh3d ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 1999 at 2:55 AM

If I make a model and post it without textures, is it ok to use the original Bryce materials for the tumbnail picture? Or do I have to show it as a wireframe? Or do I understand this topic completly wrong? Edi

KenS ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 1999 at 3:22 AM

Yes it's fine to use the textures on the thumbnail image, and As far as I know, it's ok to use Bryce materials on your object as well. I was referring to the few textures that are posted here that are "as-is" off the Bryce CD. That is a License Agreement violation. They need to be altered a little to make them new texture creations, then they will be ok to post, but not in their current state. Ken

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 1999 at 8:48 PM

I probably seemed guilty as I posted the UV maps for all of the clothing, but I made them with UV Mapper. I didn't know they were available on the CD. Guess a lot of other people didn't know, either. Boy, did my bandwidth get slurped that month! If anyone is guilty of posting from the CD, could you e-mail them privately? I'm one of those paranoid people who assumes immediately that I must be one of the culprits. Thanks for letting us know for future reference!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.