Sat, Sep 21, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Caught C Exception in Poser 4

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 1999 at 12:47 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

What is this error and is there a fix for it? It is happening constantly and I have a bad habit of getting absorbed and forgetting to save the work I have done. Any help aside from "Save more often" would be appreciated.

bushi ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 1999 at 12:59 PM

What is it that you're doing when you get this error? This can be caused by a number of different bugs in P4 so you'll have to be a bit more specific. Oh and BTW "Save more often". ;-)

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 1999 at 1:34 PM

Why I oughtta........ ;<) It is always when I am rendering and it always happens immediately after I click on render or use ctrl + R. Ok, now fix my problem dammit. (hehehe)

bushi ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 1999 at 12:19 AM

I attempted to see if there where any entries on the P4 beta tester database on this but the server is down. Probably as a result of all the stuff going on at Meta. If I remember correctly, there where some issues about graphics card drivers and the amount to memory. If you haven't done it already, you might want to is if there are any updated drivers for your graphics card. The memory issues where directed more to the PC side then the MAC side. This is on a PC right? If so, how much memory do you have in it. I have heard other folks have had problems if they are close to the system requirements for P4. I'll keep checking on the database to see if comes back up till then there's not much more I can tell you on this.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 1999 at 3:30 AM

C is a programming language. Poser may have been written in C or C++. That error is likely caused by an attempt to access store out of bounds because of a programming error, or perhaps an attempt to divide by zero or the like. I know, I write programs.

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 8:38 AM

Well, it is now happening when I bring the program up. I have a Dell PIII with 256MB of RAM and a 16MB Video Card. This program normally screams along and has only recently developed this nasty habit. Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

bushi ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 2:05 PM

You didn't, by any chance, install P4 directly over P3 did you? I understand that this is one of the main reasons for having P4 crash on start-up. At this point it may be worth while to save all your work (yes, I said "save your work" ;-p), de-install P4, remove the directories and make a clean install. There have been a couple of instances I've seen that solves these problems. Something has been nailed really bad so it's time for drastic action.

Lestat ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 1999 at 4:54 PM

Nope. Fresh, clean install. Never had Poser 3.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.