Sun, Sep 22, 2:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: opinions 4 p5 wishlist

qbert ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 10:01 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.landolls.com/gallery/wishlist.jpg

file_249558.jpg

tell me if you agree with these suggestions: These guys need to be editable as to which camera is assigned to which selection...like change face cam to icon and selection to main cam or whatever, follow me??

qbert ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 10:08 PM

file_249559.jpg

and make this little bad boy optional to be on the screen or at least to be able to move him to the left side or something, I'm tired of hitting the damned animation menu when trying to select body parts from the menu.

and lastly a rotation XYZ compass would sure be a plus
flipping between different views can be disorienting.

LittleMouseOnaHonda ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 10:33 PM

Movable cameras and lights that can be parented to other objects and animated. Animated textures like using an avi for a texture with trans effect being possible like transmapping a waterfall with a avi of running water on a transparent model... Lets get rid of that animation menue and put a new easy to understand key framer in it's place. built in text to speech and microphone to speech support. Glow power, Let have the abilty to make things glow. Altomatic parenting, If my figure touches an object let have that object parent to the figures hand so he can pick it up. Poser 5 figures all new geometries. More animals More clothes More props More morph targets with a morph editer built in that can really make morph targets unlike those stupid magnets. A better memory manager. A rendering Engine that support high resolution monitor settings, No damn poser is making the window size smaller! More hair please. Can we have some kids clothes this time around, My p4 kids died from PNEUMONIA, they were buried in a p4 scene next to a church prop. Can we have parental weenie support please, A weeny turn off switch dureing setup so the weenie does not corrupt the kids idea of Who Ken and Barbie really are? Thank You

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 7:59 AM

I put all my wish list things away but I have noticed 3 things that EVERYONE uses, needs, does, and struggles with right now. 1) Morphs. 2)Textures. 3) Render in ray tracing programs. 1) It's nearly imposible to find a good 3D program to do full body morphs and single morphs without serious scaling and OBJ naming issues. We need a morphs studio.(A expansion on magnet tool into a full studio.) 2)A basic map output like UV Maper integrated to poser is a tool that every one would use. 3)Ray tracing in Poser is a given. (Free raytracing programs programs are begining to pop up on the net now so no excuses for not having that feature.) I used to wish for all kinds of stuff but this is the bare bones basics the community needs and uses right now that need support. (Basically all I did was look at what is in all the art work stores and free stuff.)

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 11:51 AM

Three things: 1. Poser should keep track of which directory you last used for each type of file. If I picked up the PZ3 from folder P, and then saved a rendered BMP into folder B, Poser should know enough to save the modified PZ3 back into folder P instead of putting it in B where I won't be expecting to find it! By the same token, an exported .OBJ should go by default into the last place I found an .OBJ. 2. A "snap-to" action in animation, as in LifeForms, so that a complex walk can be developed without having to readjust every single frame to avoid the ice-skating effect. Alternately, export an animation file that LifeForms will accept. 3. Consistent rotation. In Poser's present system, the yRotate operates about an object's own axis, but xRotate and zRotate operate with respect to the universe. This makes some moves essentially impossible and others extremely difficult, requiring huge trial-and-error rotations of all three dials to make what should be a small increment. (If you've never run into it, try this: take a Box prop, scale it into a book shape so you can see where it is; set xRotate and zRotate to 90, then try to rotate the book itself in each direction. You'll find that two of the dials make the same actual move, leaving one direction without any way to adjust it.) It would be much easier to arrange things if all three rotations acted about the object's own axis.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 12:36 PM

Please send all Poser 5 wishlist items to wishlist@curiouslabs.com. User input is extremely important when deciding on new features, although we can't possibly get to all requests. We're doing our best, as always :-) As for what's going to be in Poser 5: I could tell you, but... :-) Anthony Hernandez Documentation Manager Curious Labs

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.