Sat, Sep 21, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Waterfalls question and request

thunderdon ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 9:35 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

Ok! I've been trying to make REAL looking waterfalls since Bryce first came to PC but I am not satisfied with my own or any of the ones in tutorials or for that matter I haven't seen a real looking one done in ANY 3d app. The closest I've seen was a demo in Hash animation master using particle effects with collision checking on so water flowed around rocks and splashed when meeting obstructions. I am wondering if the the following solution makes sense; Select all objects EXCEPT the waterfall/water plane(where it lands) and do a mask render/save. Now do perspective render of selected objects and save. Cut real waterfall from either a picture(scanned photo) or use a movie of same and combine all in photoshop or painter. Does anyone know where I can get my mits on any images/movies of waterfalls/fountains/flowing water? Shots taken from front on would work best but that is too much to hope for. Sorry I seem to be ranting but I am determined to get it right once before I die (now antialiasing 12% done SNORE)... Any links, images or REAL CREATIVE advise will be appreciated.... tia thunderdon (:>)

ringbearer ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 4:13 PM

file_249811.jpg

Here's the only picture I have of a waterfall. You are welcome to use it if you want. The bad spot could be cropped out or cloned. This was taken at Turner Falls in OK a few years ago. I have a bmp that is 900 x 574, 150 pixels per inch. Let me know if you want it.

Arleen

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.