Thu, Sep 19, 9:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Beta Tester for Anton's Adventure costume texture

webdancer ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 7:10 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:54 PM

I am trying to submit a texture file to the MarketPlace and want to be sure I am doing it properly. I've already tried twice to do this but haven't passed the test yet. It was suggested that I needed to get a beta tester to test my product and since this is my last chance in getting it done the right way I decided to ask for help here. Help! This is a texture for both Victoria and Michael and since I don't know how to create a MAT Pose, I included details on how to do it the long way in the readme file. I appreciate whatever guidance you can offer.

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 7:46 PM

I just learned how to create a MAT pose file with Cin's help. Here is an example MAT pose file I made for my freebie boot textures: { version { number 4.01 } figure { material leather { KdColor 0.560784 0.560784 0.560784 1 KaColor 0.0588235 0.0588235 0.0588235 1 KsColor 1 1 1 1 TextureColor 1 1 1 1 NsExponent 60.5922 tMin 0 tMax 0 tExpo 0 bumpStrength 1 ksIgnoreTexture 1 reflectThruLights 0 reflectThruKd 0 textureMap ":leatherboots.jpg" 0 0 bumpMap ":leatherbootsBUMP.bum" 0 0 reflectionMap NO_MAP transparencyMap NO_MAP ReflectionColor 1 1 1 1 reflectionStrength 1 } material Preview { KdColor 0.243137 0.0784314 0 1 KaColor 0 0 0 1 KsColor 0.0862745 0.0862745 0.0862745 1 TextureColor 1 1 1 1 NsExponent 30 tMin 0 tMax 0 tExpo 0.6 bumpStrength 1 ksIgnoreTexture 0 reflectThruLights 1 reflectThruKd 0 textureMap NO_MAP bumpMap NO_MAP reflectionMap NO_MAP transparencyMap NO_MAP ReflectionColor 1 1 1 1 reflectionStrength 1 } material sole { KdColor 0.0588235 0.0588235 0.0588235 1 KaColor 0 0 0 1 KsColor 1 1 1 1 TextureColor 1 1 1 1 NsExponent 30 tMin 0 tMax 0 tExpo 0.6 bumpStrength 1 ksIgnoreTexture 1 reflectThruLights 1 reflectThruKd 0 textureMap NO_MAP bumpMap NO_MAP reflectionMap NO_MAP transparencyMap NO_MAP ReflectionColor 1 1 1 1 reflectionStrength 1 } } Here are the steps: 1) Create the figure in an empty Poser scene. 2) Apply all of your textures, highlights, bump maps, etc, exactly the way you want them. 3) Save it to your character library. 4) Open the new .cr2 in a plain text editor. Do a search for "material" until you find the section that lists the parts (ie: leather, boots, cape, cloth, etc) 5) Copy that entire section and paste it to a new file. 6) At the top of the new file, insert this: { version { number 4.01 } figure { 6) At the end of the file, add an additional } 7) Save the file as a .pz2 file in a directory in your Pose library. It should now work. =)

webdancer ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 8:01 PM

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Fyrene ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 9:05 PM

Thats about the best explanation on creating MAT files that i have seen. Question though, does anyone know what these refer to: Kd Ks Ka NsExponent tExpo ksIgnoreTexture ?? Just curious and would be nice to be able to know exactly what they refer to. :)

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 9:19 PM

I believe NsExponent is highlight size, according to another post I read. The others.. well I have no idea. ;)

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 9:53 PM

Attached Link: http://fallencity.net/lore/poser-mat-parts.php

I have a good list of the MAT file components and what they do. (And several pages devoted to MAT files in general.) http://fallencity.net/lore/poser-mat-parts.php I can help make the MAT file for the Olympian textures, as well, if you'd like.

webdancer ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 9:53 PM

Followed your instructions, but I must have done something wrong. I get a "The file being read is not a valid Poser file." The texture does load though, but I shouldn't get an error message. Any suggestions? Also, how do I get a color picture to show up with the Mat file pose?

webdancer ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 9:59 PM

I got it to work!!!!!! I deleted the last couple of lines and it worked! I must have copied a wee bit too much. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Now if someone could address how to save a picture with the mat pose so it displays a color sample that would be great!

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 10:00 PM

To make a picture, use RSRConvert, available in free stuff. However, I personally found that the instructions were wrong.. I did NOT have to invert the alpha channel. Essentially, the steps are this: 1) Make a 600 x 600 render of the object in question. 2) Save as Mac PICT 3) Open in Photoshop (or whatever) 4) Resize to 91 x 91 5) Save as Mac PICT 6) Open RSRConvert 7) Choose the source file AS WELL as the target .rsr location in the little dialog. 8) Click convert (or whatever) Poof. RSR File. As for the valid file format.. Make sure that it was saved as plain text, pure ASCII. I didn't get that error, so I am only guessing as to what the problem is.

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 10:01 PM

Woops, must have crossposted. I see you fixed your problem. ;)

Fyrene ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 10:07 PM

P3DO Explorer makes rsr files for you as well. Its also available in freestuff :) I found it much easier to make rsr files with that proggies. :)

ma ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 10:21 PM

I would be glad to beta test the textures for you if you still need someone.

webdancer ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 10:30 PM

Great Ma! I sent you a message about how to get you the file. Also, to the others, I'll check on the P3DO and the RSR Convert as well. Thanks for all your help. Perhaps one day soon this texture will see the light of day!

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 10:52 PM

There's an even easier way: Render the picture as you'd like it for the MAT pose. Go to Display: Paste as background. Swing the camera around so the actual figure isn't visible, just the background. Now save the pose under the name you'll use for your MAT file. Voila! A nice .rsr file with the correct name. Via Windows Explorer, go and delete the .pz2 file. Put in your MAT file under the same name as the deleted .pz2 file. Now your MAT file has a pretty .rsr file. I do it all the time. It makes life easier.

webdancer ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2002 at 11:01 PM

Cool! I'll give it a try. I managed to find the RSR Converter and the 3do program in Freestuff and will upzip them on my computer tomorrow. Looks like my week will be pretty busy. Thanks Crescent.

Fyrene ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 1:50 AM

Crescent, that is an awesome idea. Will have to try that. Thanks for sharing! :)

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 7:28 AM

You could also use the MAT Edit in free stuff. It does work great. I set all my settings the way I want (with materials, transparancies etc.) then I save it as a cr2 file in a special library folder. Open it in MAt Edit and then save it as a pz2 file, works fabulously, and it's the only MAT edit I know of that doesn't require poser pro pack.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 7:29 AM

You could also use the MAT Edit in free stuff. It does work great. I set all my settings the way I want (with materials, transparancies etc.) then I save it as a cr2 file in a special library folder. Open it in MAt Edit and then save it as a pz2 file, works fabulously, and it's the only MAT edit I know of that doesn't require poser pro pack.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

dwilmes ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2002 at 4:40 PM

CR2edit doesn't require the PPP, and will make MAT, MOR and other types of PZ2 files automatically, with lots of options, no need to change your CR2 for each MAT. Types include: standard (with or without tex or trans maps, set colors to white [choices: tex, ambient, ref.], with the ability to change maps (thumbnails shown), scaling MATS, subdivision MATs (with or without external OBJs), joint MATs, with batch capabilities in the version about to be released. With default settings, takes about 3 seconds each. Also a number of types of MOR files, including MOR donor and combo types, in the yet-unreleased version. A user recently used this to make 150 MATs in a day, including testing each one -- this was without the batch function. Dan http://www.zenwareonline.com for CR2Edit, ZenPaint, ZenTile, VueMaster and the complete line of Zenware graphics apps

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.