Sun, Sep 22, 1:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Yngwie...

doruksal ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:34 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:34 AM

Well, I was listening to Yngwie J Malmsteen's "Concerto for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat Minor, Op. 1".
Especially the 4th and the 5th movements moved me a lot.
I listened to those movements over and over again for several times, and they accompanied a "Hand-made fractal" work of mine for nearly 2 hours.
The work is finished, the music is finished -just for now-, I posted the work to "2D Gallery", and I'm euphoric like hell...
...And, I feel the urge to share the work with as many as possible.
So, here is the link:
www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=124912&Start=1&Sectionid=4&WhatsNew=Yes

Please forgive me: I normally do not promote my works like this, and just post them...
...This just happened to be an exception...

...Or, am I at a sinfully immoral state and this just being a trick to get my hit counts higher..?

Well, whatever, and let me hereby type down 3 phrases from Oscar Wilde's preface to his sinful novel, "The Picture of Dorian Gray"...
"No artist has ethical sympathies. An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style."
"... The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely."
"All art is useless."
;-)

Regards and salutations... :)

...But, let me not pass this message without posting something photographic, and thus let me wave a hand to you all...after this...

doruksal ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:38 PM

file_254979.jpg

Probably not "photography", but "static electrography"...

Finder ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:48 PM

Whoah(!).. are you going to tell us how you did that? Joe

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 6:48 PM

WOWOWOWOW!!!! Great PiC!!!! PlEaSe tell how u did it!!!! oh, and while your on, could we please have a phonetic spelling of Yngwie? Cheers. Oh, and you get a bonus point for liking Wilde too. One of my top 3 authors. Gawd, can't stop looking at that hand!!!! (",)

PunkClown ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:02 PM

Cripes!!! That is an amazing image, Doruk! (and fits in very nicely with the monthly challenge theme!)

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:07 PM

Whoa! That hand is awesome - looks like it's casting a spell!!

PunkClown ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:14 PM

P.S. Yngwie Yowzaa! That is one cool "Hand Made" fractal...where do you find the patience to do this? Great work!

Visitor42 ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:15 PM

Criminey jee whilickers. That's amazing. I checked out your fractal as well. Interesting innovatieve work you have here.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 9:22 PM

Yeah that's too cool. Bsteph

nplus ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 4:00 AM

Very cool. This reminds me of an actual technique called something like kerillian photography or something like that. Can't remember exactly....but they are very similar and actually do use the subjects natural electric conductivity to make the image. Yngwie is a musician I haven't heard of in quite a while....Thanks for reminding me, now I'll have to go dig through some of my old tapes ; )

Syyd ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 6:57 AM

Kirlian tinges.....Malmsteem, haven't listened in ages....off to look....thanks for sharing this. Its wild, innovative and electrifying....

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 8:06 AM

Listen to Buckethead's "Monster and Robots" album. Personally, Yngwie ain't my thing, sometimes I'm in a mood for some Surfin with the Alien, but buckethead is my personal guitar god. Santana once said he looks up to Buckethead. Some of those licks defy the laws of physics man. Incidently, and I'm not proud of this, but Buckethead recently replaced Slash for GnR, and my favourite drummer of all time, Brian "Brain" Mantia (formerly of Primus) is now the new drummer for GnR. WHAT's THE WORLD COMING TO!??@!?

PunkClown ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 8:11 AM

Zappa's Guitar rools....BTW where ya been Slynky? XP crash your system?

Antoonio ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 8:29 AM

Malmsteen, huh. I tought it was that teenage-thing. But that guy surely can play guitar. AND how in the hell did you do that pic? You gotta tell us, at least, for me. ;o) And if you used photos, this is photography, and I'm not gonna post anything for this months contest. .n

Finder ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 12:14 PM

OK, man; tell us how you did it. Hey, Doruksal - you know about this months Photography Forum contest, right? You gotta enter this one! Joe

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 1:19 PM

nah, XP juices man. gimme a week, and you'll see why I've been away possibly...

doruksal ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 2:23 PM

I'm thankful for all the comments, but cool down as this image is not new: dates back from 1996.
So, it does not have the least chance of being a contest entry. :)
Besides, it realy is not a photography...
The master for this image was designed once to become the part of a photogram project, but it never had the chance to reach the happy end.

I was a medical student by then (in 1996), and I was deeply involved with b/w photography as we were able to shoot, develop and print our own b/w photographs by working in the university club for photography.
Yet, I was also involved with anything that is graphic -nothing changed since-, and X-ray graphies were one of my primary concerns.
I was not able to become a radiologist, but was able to gather many radiographies.
Among them were the so called "erroneous" graphies that were dumped for not being proper for radiologic evaluation...
...And among these erroneous films, the ones that were "burned" by static electricity charges were the ones that I was most crazy for...as these charge burns resebled lightning strikes in every direction, and as they also were perfect fractal patterns in the wild..!
(The static electricity were to hit those films totally out of chance while the technicians were loading and unloading the films into the cassettes.)

So, I was a fool for searching in the garbage bins of radiology department to find those fabulously erroneous graphies...
During these expeditions, I made good friendship with "Hilal", a radiology technician who was into photography herself.
In the darkrooms of conventional radiology section, we spent some time for rubbing the unused radiography films on plastic-like surfaces to bring forth the static electricity to burn the unused films, for being able to take the control of creating sparkled images of our own.
After rubbing the films for a certain time, we were devoloping them as if they were properly shot x-ray films.
After trying this on approx. fifteen films, we started to think that we were spending unused material and unpaid for them...and our moral side stopped us for further experimenting...

I was primarily thinking of creating photograms out of these sparkled images, but graduation time came and I had to leave aside my photographical and darkroom experiments in the name of studying for the examinations...
(Unfortunately, never had the chance to get involved with photography again seriously...sigh...)
So, these films were kept in my stock until yesterday, and the subject of this month's contest made me take them out of the depths of my room...
..Just to share, not to contest... ;)

This particular image is one of the scanned films...
The films are A4 sized, and I had to scan the particular film in two parts, then combine the parts into a single image, then convert it into sepia tone, then adjust for color tone and saturation, and finaly, negativise the image using PSP6.02...
Glad you liked it...
...Hope I was more adjusted to photoshoppin' like the masters among us...

Now, I have to return to my night duty in the hospital...
My best regards, thanx again, and see you soon... :)

nplus ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 3:45 PM

Stevie Ray Vaughn....my personal guitar hero. R.I.P.

PunkClown ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 5:19 PM

Thankyou for your thorough explaination Doruk. Night Duty....hmmmm, take it easy! :-)>

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2002 at 5:23 PM

You got it, nplus, Stevie Ray still rocks!

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2002 at 12:51 AM

...unbelievable story. Never know x-rays could be this beautiful. If you have more of these, please, PLEASE post. .n

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.