Tue, Oct 22, 6:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: "Hey Darth, your new Hair rocks!" or "Hey Darth, your new hair sucks!"

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 1999 at 9:05 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 11:51 PM

These are the comments I am not getting after 180+ downloads...what gives? I used to feel like I was becoming a part of something here at Renderosity, but lately, for like a few weeks, I have felt like the black sheep of the family. Maybe I am paranoid, but if not, I sure would appreciate it if someone would step up to the plate and tell me what I did/didn't do to you good people to recieve the tangibly colder shoulder I've been feeling here lately. Thanks. Darth_Logice

jje ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 1999 at 9:34 PM

OH BOY Sheep! Le'me at em...er...oh...its just you Darth. Of corse they rock, silly person. I was looking at some of your tests over the holidays and thinking how I might model those coils in Amapi. No one's done a style that I need for my next character (30's curly pompador, no bangs) and even though I dread doing it your studies got me to thinkin. And if you think that first thing tomorrow when I saddle up to my T1 at work that I wont be pulling all 3MB down for my library, then you be plumb crazy. jje

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 1999 at 11:24 PM

Well, I guess I am a bit sensitive...I am often the alienated guy IRL. On the other hand, it seemed people used to give a lot more feedback in general to my posts/gallery things etc until the past few weeks. I would shrug it off as holidays and all that but I see other things getting feedback and comments and help and, well, I take it a little personally. (Not that everything I do is worthy of commentary...far from it! ;) ) Anyway, I am happy to provide my first contribution to free stuff and hope that everyone finds it useful (it damned well better be for the size it is lol) More will come as I get familiar with my peculiar takes on modeling and God bless Traveller for pointing me to the magnet tutorial. Thank you Allie and jje for your well-wishing and support :) -Darth

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 1999 at 11:48 PM

JUST KIDDING!!!! (ducking and running for cover) I like your new hair, just didn't comment on it. Sorry. Kate

Eshal ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 4:35 AM

Heya Darth, It took me a wee while to work out why your file was coming up with a #403 error :), seems that you may have put up the wrong link? I went to the page and no joy but when I clicked the link to your othersite and added the spiralperm.zip ending...yah! success at last! I'll let you know how it works for me as soon as it comes on down..and atm it is going like molasses. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

jje ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 8:07 AM

Aaargh Here I sit with m'blazin'T1, wanting to download that hair and Geo-freakin-cities wont let me! Worse yet the "screamin paranoids" here are pulling the plug on all the computer systems today at 6EST. And while we are at it...why am I stuck here for the rest of the week using computers and using the phone when after tonite there will be no computers nor phones. Aint 'merican business a hoot? They aint interested in productivity they are interested in the power of keeping your ass in their chair. Whoa, jje - flame off. Everyone realizes by now you have had enuf with your job. Anyone got any leads in NE? jje

jimpal ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 8:27 AM

Great stuff. Heep it up!

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 9:06 AM

For those having problems downloading... I clicked on my link, got the Sorry message, clicked on the link for the download in the middle of the page, got the next sorry message, then hit return in the command line window of netscape. Normally, that does it...but then, it said there was a connection error. So I pressed enter on the command line again and it worked fine.

jje ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 10:42 AM

EGAD! I knew that trick, whhatsa'matter with me? Got it now! I'll play with it a bit on my serious Computer at home. Hey Darth_L didn't I hear something about a comic? What's happening with that? jje

Legume ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 10:47 AM

Try not to chip a tooth... Hey Darth, let me be the FIRST to say your hair kicks major ass. Ok, well, I'm not the first, but could you let me be the first anyway? Just lie for me. Anyway, uh, yeah, erm, uh, cool hair. Thanks.

Stormrage ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 10:49 AM

Darth.. I love it.. The hair is beautiful I can't wait to use it in a real image and not just my play arounds, keep up the great work S Storm

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 2:08 PM

I can't download enough cool hairstyles. I downloaded your hair last night after dinner and had about one hour to work on my black panther and new mermaid texture before I had to go to bed so I could wake up at 6 a.m., but it looks promising, and I will get to it today. Looking forward to creating some red-headed Pre-Raphaelite beauties. You will no doubt be seeing tasty gallery posts using it before long! There is so much talent out there, I've got alot of totally hot stuff from last month or so that hasn't even been unzipped yet! That will not happen to you though. ;-)

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 2:39 PM

Wow! Very nice comments guys, thank you very much! I still feel like a novice, and I know many of you will see some flaws with it when you start working with it (The chief one being that is designed to fit on my character's head, which is a bit different from P4 Nude Woman) But most of the flaws are fixed with minimal playing with magnets. As for the comic/animation project, creating Shayda's hair properly was something that is moving to that direction. Basically, I am waiting for the Poser 4 book to be released at the bookstore so I can learn what the hell spline means and how to break it properly. Also, Carrera is going to be on the way. I suppose I should start the comic soon, and I will...the script is ready and very juicy. It will all be in motion come January after the holidays and all that :) -Darth_Logice

ghostboat ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 9:56 PM

Hey Darth your hair ROCKS!! Again I apologize to all of you whose stuff I download,I get so wrapped up in trying to learn all I can and I forget to Thank all the people who make these wonderful items for us to use.Yes Darth your hair ROCKS,and thank you for posting it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.