Sat, Sep 21, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: web page-anything missing?

adam ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 2:34 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Attached Link: http://thibs.menloschool.org/~Fanmail3D/home.html

This is my new web page. I used many models from 3DCafe and the free stuff here at renderosity in my images. Do I need to say this on my web page? Is there anything else I am missing that I need? I don't want to break any copyright laws or anything that might get me into trouble. Thanks a lot everybody for helping me create my own web page and with all the great models! Enjoy your Christmas. Adam

adam ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 2:08 PM

Also, how can I make the images load faster? They all are in jpeg format, which I have heard is faster than gif.

Autoloader ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 9:47 PM

It might not be a bad idea to give credit to the designer of the models that you use in your images. I don't think it's a major problem if you don't, but then I think the designers would appreciate it if they saw recognition of who designed the models you have used in your pics. As far as the speed of your images loading, that comes in the file sizes that they are not really what types they are. And that is your problem. The sizes of your graphics as WAY too big for their physical size. For example, on your first page you have one graphic and one background, the background is 164K and the graphic is 74K, they should not be that large. All you have to do is run them through a compressor and you can reduce the file size greatly. I did this to your's and the background shrunk down to 33K and the graphic down to 18K. These two will load ALOT faster than the ones you are using and there is no change in their quality. As a matter of fact I took all the graphics on the first two pages of your website and compressed them, your original graphics totaled 445K, and the ones I compressed total 90K, that's an 80% decrease in file size. This is one way you can speed up your loading time. I hope this helps. If you want the files that I compressed just send me an e-mail to autoloader@hotmail.com and I will gladly e-mail them to you. Autoloader PS: I would suggest compressing your images on in your galleries also. They are kinda large for their physical size also.

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 10:59 PM

The links are a bit hard to read. Red and Green should be used together only for X-Mas! Also, the black background on the Plays/Facebook icon does not completely blend with the background. The site itself loads a lot better than your old one. BTW: Love the poster! I noticed that your Download section is not ready yet because you are having a problem uploading. Is it an uploading problem or getting the file to download to another person's computer? If it's a code issue, let me know. I'll be glad to help. Autoloader beat me to the graphics size issue, but if you need future help, or an explanation as to what is being done and why, just give a holler.

ari ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 1999 at 4:08 PM

hii there.a bout gif.its a format that use 256 color so its light and make your site fast.you can use it a lot for headline or or pictures with few colors or logo.to optimaiz images the best is firework from macromedia.com(30 day demo)or just serch for"JPEG optimizing"in serch engine. your menu headlins pictures is biger then they look on the page,make them small and sve as gif. about the backround with a little trick you can make it 2k ,i dont know what software you are using so send me e-mail so i can send it to you. take a look at my page to see how gif works and make your sit fast. - and guys new texture made with bryce deep texture(yes!!real!!!) very very soon http://members.xoom.com/justabryce/ justabryce@xoommail.com

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 1999 at 10:22 PM

There's a good web page on when to use .gif and when to use .jpg : http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/manual/graphics/graphics_summary.html In fact, the whole site is very good for HTML. If you need to slim down a couple of pages worth of images, visit: www.gifwizard.com You can get up to 5 pages worth of images scanned and compressed for free. You can buy a 1 year membership for a reasonable price, which allows you unlimited compression for one web site.

adam ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 1999 at 3:32 PM

thanks a lot everyone for your help. I have been annoyed sitting in front of my computer waiting for my images to load. Now I can make them load quickly. Thanx a lot with the gif vs. jpg help, Cresent and Ari. Thanx for the image info Autoloader. It was very helpful. I have Adobe Image Ready 2.0 that can compress my images, but not too much. It still allow the images to load a lot faster than before. Thanx again everyone!! Adam

tab ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 1999 at 12:54 PM

It's would be a good idea to use the height and width tags on the thumbnails so the browsers can tell how to lay the page out before the images have loaded. It will give the site that professional touch. As for credits, play safe and put them on. I doubt anyone would complain but I feel that the people who give us all this great free stuff to play with deserve a mention. Of course that does rely on you having a good indexing system on your HD so you know where everything came from! I use Image Ready 2.0 and it can compress a jpg to oblivion if you want to! What I aim for is a maximum size of 100k for a 640x480 image, it all depends on how the compression deteriorates the image, if too many artifacts appear I'll let the file size increase. Tony www.tabolton.cwc.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.