Tue, Oct 22, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Question about the Poser 4 Updater Save folder......?

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 2:45 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:37 AM

Hi, I just installed the Poser 4.03 updater and I was wondering if the "Poser 4 Updater Save" folder it made on installation is important at all. Can I safely delete it and not worry about it or will Poser continue to use it and need it in the future. I realize I can probably just delete it but I thought I'd ask first.

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 3:05 AM

A couple of things I thought I'd mention since I'm at it. I just opened Poser since I updated it and now the position of my document window ( or whatever it's called) is not were I saved it when I set the prefered state. The rest of the interface is saved just the window isn't. I moved it where I wanted it and closed it and Poser. The second time I opened Poser I got this message: "The requested window size is too large, creating the next best thing". Or something to that effect. What's that all about? Now I now why they say if it's not broke dont fix it!

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 3:19 AM

I resaved the window smaller on a file and closed it and then started to make a new file and I get the same " window size too large message" again. I then opened my file with the smaller window and I get the message again. Somebody clue me in here. It seems that I'm getting this warning no matter what file I open. I'm going to bed now I'll check back and see if anyone know's what's up with this in the morning. Thanks, droyd

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 3:22 AM

First, yes you can delete it.Wait some time and if everything ok, than do it or save to another location. About your second problem , no clue.I have setup my windowsize to 500x500 and for different workspaces I ve saved in the Workplacedots down on the right

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 4:30 AM

When the update is installed the programs menu gets changed from Metacreations to CuriousLabs. There's a bug there somewhere that leaves out the "start in" information for the short cut. Edit the short cut so that it looks for Poser.exe in the Poser 4 folder and your UI settings will stay set after that.

hogwarden ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 5:46 AM

I've had this problem for ages and just put up with it! JeffH... I don't understand. Which short cut are you talking about?? The same thing happens even if I run poser.exe direct. Could you clarify?? Thanx!

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 7:28 AM

JeffH, I thought you had something there. I checked out my Poser icon, and it's still under the Metacreations folder. Of course I installed Poser on my D drive, under the Metacreations folder. The 4.03 update didn't change that.

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 8:11 AM

I do have something there :-) Go into the advanced options for the short cut and examine the target info etc.. Make sure the "Start in" section points to the folder where Poser.exe resides. Trust me this works.

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 8:18 AM

I'm on WIN XP now so I can't go through the steps for WIN95/98.

When I say shortcut, I mean the one you click in your programs menu: Start>Programs>Curious Labs>Poser 4

Edit the properties for this in the advanced tab of the Task Bar settings.

Find the "start in" box and insert the path to the folder where poser.exe is located.

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 8:34 AM

file_261143.jpg

I followed your suggestion, and it appears to have worked. My Poser screen now looks good when I load it. I don't need to move stuff so I can see it.

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 1:52 PM

Thanks JeffH, appreciate the fast response! That was really obnoxious and your fix took care of it. Thanks also to Ronknights for the screenshot that helped as well. Anyone with this goofy bug this solution will squash it! Thanks thgeisel for your advice on the Updater Save folder too!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.