Tue, Sep 24, 9:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Selective Antialiasing in 5.0

andymoraitis ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:04 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:34 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to set a certain item in a wireframe to not be antialiased. I have some custom textures that I use that look much better and retain better bump without being antialiased. If someone could pass this info along, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

douglaslamoureaux ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:21 PM

Susan Kitchen's book on Bryce 4 mentions one way to achieve the effect. You use the mask render feature and two renders. Its not an ideal situation, as it requires using photoshop (or similar) and working the layers. I think Bryce 3 originally intended to implement a limited antialias function, but it never worked.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:29 PM

This worked in B4 I haven't tried it in B5, To turn off AA for a single object or group. Open the attributes menu, then hold down Shift + Ctrl keys while clicking the check to exit the menu. To reset AA to the object or group hold down the shift key as you exit the attributes menu.

Stephen Ray

andymoraitis ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 6:17 AM

The second option sounds much better as I don't use Photoshop or any other graphics program for post rendering. Thanks for your help and I'll report back as to the results as soon as I have a chance to try it out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.