Wed, Oct 9, 10:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Is there anyway to do this in Poser?

Devon ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 1:53 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:41 AM

The other day I figured out that Poser will NOT let you load more than a certain amount of Pose files and folders without having loading problems. I used to have 278 folders at 177MB. I took about 1/3 of them out and now all of them load properly. Now I don't know what to do with the other folders I had to take out. Is there anyway I can add a new catagory (Folder) to the tabs list that contains Characters,Hair,Poses,Figures,Camera and Lights?

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 2:49 PM

Well concidering just my figures tab has 175 folders i don't follow what you are having a problem with. the thing poser can slow down on is gerenating the RSR thumbs or the PNG thumbs in a pariticular folder. My props folder has 183 folders in there and each folder contains on average 20 items. and my poser folder is 18.9GB in size and I run win98 on a athelon 1GB with 512 MB ram

Devon ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 6:07 PM

Glad to know your Poser Folder is 18.9 GB. I thought mine was big at 11GB. It seems that I only had problems with them loading when I got down to the bottom of the list. Usually around the t's to the z's. Maybe it's a problem with the PNG thumb generations. I'll look into that. I was only having problems with the Pose folder. I'm running Windows XP professional...1400MHZ AMD Athalon with 512MB RAM and G-Force 3 64MD video card. Thanks for your reply.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 6:11 PM

... put your older (less used ones) on the CDROM. Then use a viewing utility like "P3do" which allows you to view 'em online without using up your HD space, no? cheers, dr geep ;=] P.S. You can NOT add more folders to the Poser "library" (folder) nor can you add a folder in one of the libraries "categories." I just tried both of these varients and neither one works. I believe the library structure is "fixed" internally by Poser. Maybe in Poser5 .... Hey Curious Labs .... you guys takin' notes?

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.