Sat, Sep 21, 2:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What was the C&D forum ?

dariop ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 2:35 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:41 AM

Probably not the place to ask but this is the only forum I ever look into. What was C&D and why is everyone so heated up about it ?

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 2:50 PM

it was the complaint and debate forum...just a place to let off steam about anything winding you up.....just got all a bit to much in there with folks fighting and being nasty.....I guess you could say a few spoiled it for the rest again :o)..Steve

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 3:07 PM

That's never happened before. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Routledge ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 4:20 PM

Have you ever seen "Buffy" where everyone folds their arms and starts bitching at each other? Bingo!

saxon ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 5:44 PM

Has it gone?! Good riddance. I only went in there once. They were busy destroying someone.

Gazukull ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 6:27 PM

Wow I had no idea C & D was gone! Last time I went in there I found out that I was a talentless asshole who exploits female meshes. I wonder is this is why I have been getting so many negative comments in my gallery recently, the trolls no longer have a home. - Gazzy!

Legume ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 8:50 PM

I think it was for Cookies and Donuts.

Omen555 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 4:50 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

You people are mocking a tragedy in artistic expression that this particular web site has chosen to exercise in banning freedom of speech, Religion, and expression, an Constitutional freedom that is afforded all Americans yet a right not worthy of any free or open minded artist who wishes to express themselves in such a manner here...

..so many of us flocked here in the hopes to express ourselves diversely yet artistically only to be told we are not the norm which we already knew for we are artists...

...our words as well as our art is judged by Renderosity as to wether or not it is fit to be displayed on this website which is entirely their right...it's their website...

..but it's YOUR choice.

Thank goodness Renderosity is not the only choice.

...ban me if you wish...I understand you are experts at sacrificing artistic expressionism for self preservation these days.

Omen555

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 7:28 AM

"You people are mocking a tragedy in artistic expression that this particular web site has chosen to exercise in banning freedom of speech" nope i'm just letting someone know that what C&D was and that the folks that OWN and PAY for this site deleted it.....Steve

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:36 AM

"freedom of speech, religion, and expression" We still have all of those, just without the blood letting. -JH.

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 3:51 PM

A couple of general points, first: we are not all American, secondly: freedom of speech still remains and it is still possible to exercise that freedom without attacking those who do not share your view for, in attacking them you deprive others of the right that you hold so dear.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:23 PM

People just dont understand private property rights
overide free speech.

the web servers owned by renderosity/Bondware Inc. are the functional equivalent of a private residence.
if i invite a bunch of poser users to use my garage
to sit around and discuss poser and even sell poser items from which i take a cut as a " service " to the poser community and decide to ban users for violating MY rules and eventually decide to close the Garage or tear it Down.

I have NOT Violated any ones " FREE SPEECH RIGHTS!!"

you are still free to discuss poser or pink ponies
you just wont be doing it in my Garage anymore.

My website

YouTube Channel

Gazukull ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 1:19 AM
  • saxon, I couldn't agree more.

Omen555 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 1:46 AM

Then instead of "beating around the bush" will someone who owns or operates this site please come out and say it...Renderosity is actually a "cliqueish" small group of friends who feed off of each others egos and who do not tolerate any correspondence from it's members other than ego stroking even if they ask, "Tell me what you REALLY think of my simply beautiful art!" So cliche I won't talk about this anymore. Heaven forbid I inspire a new label like you good people did for the word, "troll". I think we all know...we just won't all admit it. I wouldn't mind having one of you good moderators to please help me in deleting any imagery I may have posted on this site in the past. ...but you can leave the comments, especially the ones left by "trolls". You see, they never bothered me. I am quite fond of them actually. My ego never needed reassurance from fellow members. See you in reality, Frank Miller (Omen555)

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 2:32 PM

Oh Geez Omen555, Can you spare us the righteous indignation please? The TOS of this site has always been available for all to read. The TOS IS the constitution and bill of rights for this site. If you can't live by them then you don't need to be here. This IS NOT a first amendment issue. This site WAS NOT created to be a "Complaint and Debate Soapbox" for you or anyone else, so stop acting like your rights have been violated. Membership to this site is a PRIVILEDGE that is allowed by the OWNERS of this site. There have never been, nor will there ever be free elections to select the leaders of this imaginary country you have created in your mind. Believe it or not, most members here just want to post their art, talk and learn about art, sell and/or give away their creations. The majority of us couldn't care less about hearing you cry about how your rights were violated. If you don't like the way it is, move on. Just don't expect anything to come from a "coupe d'etat" of a few disgruntled members who only live to complain anyway. Personally I'm glad the C&D forum is gone. There are plenty of forum sites out there devoted to just complaints and debate like agoraphobia.com, you might try one of those if all you are looking for is a fight.

dg3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 5:18 PM

I can agree to Wolf and Alley. Today there is too much about peoples complaining about how there rights has been violated. Try to search a way even if there is none. (By the way i know, i work in a law firm). If you read the TOS and apply by it you should stop complaining, if you don't like it, go some where else. I welcome Renderosity Staff for what they done.

saxon ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 6:23 PM

We appear to be recreating complaint and debate here.... Hugs all 'round I think.....

SurfAce ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 8:49 AM

I can agrea with saxon on two points: 1st, we are not all Americans. Remember that about 96% of the world population doesn't care about the American first amendement. 2nd, we are recreating C&D here, and it will always be recreated. People will complain and will debate, and will argue and get nasty and eventually will come to insults, on other forums, in the virtual tavern, or, if everything closes, in the artist galleries. It was much better to keep those fights in a limited part of the site than to let them spread around, out of control. So maybe it is not possible anymore to say to an artist "you're a complete asshole" when he makes a picture incitating to racial hate, sexual discrimination or genocide. That will mean that either those pictures will get deleted by omnipotent moderators, without any space to comment this decision (people will just get upset and leave the site), or that the site will be only an exchange zone for mutual compliments. It is already a lot this way. I used to send my pictures to a friend for comments, and he was systematicaly shooting them down in flames. It hurted, but it obliged me to improve them. Here people seem only to be scratching my back, expecting me to probably do the same, even when my pics are crap.(an American thing, I guess. If you are not saying that everything is SO perfect, then you're not a dynamic colaborator). I was having fun reading the C&D posts, and I could have used it myself anytime to vent if anything had pissed me off here, with the satisfaction of thinking "I have been heard". I don't think my rights have been violated, I think it is stupid to close a C&D forum because people used it for what it was created for. I also think that that forum was victim of a temporary crisis (pink poney stuff), and the wise solution would have been to let it die out by itself. Managing a crisis by trying to ignore it never solved any problem. The crisis is still there, it just became invisible, so more dangerous. It is like prohibiting alcool because alcoolism is bad. Our American friends here remember maybe the desastrous results of this ostrich's politic. Now what if a very good 3d artist begins to comment every pictures in the galleries saying really what he thinks about them, without fake kindness. Do we close the whole site?

marulaz ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 9:43 PM

Surface,you take my words. I 100% agree.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.