Sat, Sep 21, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I don't get it folks....

rudipooimf ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 4:03 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dynagrind.com

I looked at the hot20 for the first time in months today. I was surprised to not see 15 Marforno or Sirocco images in there..lol. What i found was 15 legume images that were something my 4 year old nephew could do. Yet they were full of comments from artists i repsected about how good they were and how the wings going through the horses stomach was a good idea...blah blah. Does anyone else thinks this stuff is crap or am i just wasting my time spending hours and hours to get a pose/basckgroud/image exactly right when i could just clip some wings through a horses stomach and get into the hot20. Please help!! lol

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 4:15 PM

Rudi, you missed all the commentary in C&D, which now no longer exists. My understanding is that Legume, who has had a long standing reputation as a creator of the extremely dark and disturbing (which I respect) responded to some deletion of a particular piece of his by cramming the pendulum way the hell the other way. This led to a community response that was as much a parody as the pictures and then to a riotous push to see if all Legumes pics could be "mob-ruled" into the Hot 20. In a sense (IMHO) it was a community prank not unlike stuffing people into a phonebooth... Dont let it worry you. Scarab

VirtualSite ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 4:17 PM

Rudi, if getting into the Hot Yomama is what you want, then go for it. But after listening to interminable "debate" about whether or not pink ponies are "appropriate" for the Hot 20, Im to the point of saying I really could give a damn if anyones work gets in there anymore and perhaps they should do us all a favor and shut it down. Legume does what Legume does, just as Marfona does what he does, and I do what I do, and you do what you do. And we come to this stupid place to share that, not worry about how technically challenging or artistically meritous something may or may not be. So just do your work, add to your gallery, let us know when theres something there youd like us all to see, and leave it at that, huh? Sorry if I sound short.

adele ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 4:21 PM

I'm with you the legume images are adolescent. Bright colors simple images. This has to be a joke. You look at the other images in the top 20 and there's art, style, thought. One of these images in the top twenty might make some sense for the sheer novelty, but not 15. As I said before this has to be a joke. We can discuss this in Debate and Complaint,oops forgot that thats gone. A purple dinosaur with wings coming out of it's butt took it away.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 5:06 PM

Take this conversation to the Tavern folks you'll have friendly company. -JeffH.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 5:35 PM

Oooo....the tavern! Scarab

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 5:50 PM

Oh boy lookee here! The now defunct C&D has spilled out into the other forums. Didn't see that one coming.

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 7:18 PM

"In a sense (IMHO) it was a community prank not unlike stuffing people into a phonebooth... Dont let it worry you." By George, I think he's got it! ::hands Scarab a cookie::

Micheleh ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 8:13 PM

"Take this conversation to the Tavern folks you'll have friendly company." I dunno, Ironbear just bought Terry and Guiod presents, and I know for a fact there's no baseball team....... ;]

NickyNicole ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 7:55 AM

C&D is now Tavern-forum? mmmmmm...

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:09 AM

No, the Virtual Tavern will NOT turn into the new C&D. Ironbear will and is enforcing the TOS with a heavy hand so dont even try to take it there. But, As long as you stay within the TOS (Terms of Service) all should be good. Enjoy your time at Renderosity. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ozgod ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:25 PM

So basically we can't talk freely and discuss things except questions?

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:47 PM

Ozgod - Thats not what I said at all. Just follow the rules of the TOS. I guess if what you want to say is in violation of the TOS then you are correct you cant speak freely. But, As long as the TOS is followed and you treat other members with respect you can speak freely. Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Poppi ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:26 PM

Enjoy your time at Renderosity. Clint I enjoyed being a member, here, when....The WTC got hit with 2 planes, and, I was working from my home, that day....I ran right here, to the C&D forum, to ask....Was that an act of war? I depended on my link through C&D to the world outside, when, in October, I got very, very sick...and, living in South Florida...wondered if the stupid thing that they never diagnosed was Anthrax. I enjoyed being a member, here, when RadArt would post some silly, like the squirrel with the swinging, animated nuts. I enjoyed my morning coffees so very much more, then. (Now, I just drink my coffee in a stupid restaurant near my office...not as much fun by a long shot.) I enjoyed being a member, here...when folks would fight...make up, and, live to quarrel again another day. I enjoyed my membership, here, until, this site became all of the things that I thought it could/would become...and, then, dismissed....called myself "paranoid", i did. I enjoyed my membership, here, when, if I had a wonderful real world day, like today....I could come home and tell my C&D "community" about it. I enjoyed my membership, here, when I still held on to a tiny small glimmer of hope that this place was some sort of community...as opposed to, a corporate entity. Pop...Pop...Poppi!!! for old times sake...the times i enjoyed.

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:45 PM

Exactly.

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 10:13 PM

Oh pooh, Poppi... every community I have ever been a part of had laws, police, and judges....and thank god fer that....you have no idea what I might be like if I didn't know someone could open a can of "whupass" on my head if I didnt act at least halfway civilized. Truly there is no point that cannot be made, no argument that cannot be presented (or rebutted), no idea that cannot be expounded without leaving the bounds of genteel society... Unless one intends to present the idea that he or she is vulgar... Scarab<-(and the horse I rode in on....)

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 10:19 PM

Well said Scarab. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Axe555 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 10:34 PM

I enjoyed my membership, here, when I still held on to a tiny small glimmer of hope that this place was some sort of community...as opposed to, a corporate entity. And people are discussing this now like, well, a community. I just think that if you look for the corporate entity, you'll find it. If you look for the community, you'll find that as well. It seems to me that its a mutually benifical relationship. One part ,after all, can't support itself for very long without the other. Sure, it sucks that sacrifices have to be made, but that happens everywhere in life. Hope this makes some sense. Rich

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 10:45 PM

Good points. ow! Sharp, too.

ozgod ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 10:51 PM

Funny though, whenever I do a satire or a spoof everyone thinks I'm doing something serious (they don't understand I'm mocking them) (just going back to the original topic by Rudi). When I did the Mirror Doesn't Lie, everyone was ripping me apart for the horrible texturing, lighting, etc. etc. - but they didn't understand the whole point was I was mocking them! It can get frustrating

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 12:08 AM

We need a little avatar symbol that would get "I'm mocking you" across...I've always liked the little manga face pulling down one eyelid while sticking out the tongue. Scarab<-(one eyelid down, tongue out)

virchual ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 12:35 AM

just for old time C&D's sake; Yes I can imagine life must be frustrating for you Ozgod. It shows

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 2:04 AM

ixnay on the ockingmay, irchualvay..... arabScay

Shademaster ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:30 AM

carpe diem......cave canem.

ozgod ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 9:34 AM

Carpe Caseus

Micheleh ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 1:11 PM

Carpe Fischei?

ozgod ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 9:58 PM

Carpe nonna

Shademaster ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 4:25 AM

Arcus semper relaxerunt sunt.

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:07 AM

vene, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped :-)

Shademaster ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 6:43 AM

Terroris vulnificus. (terrosim creates wounds)

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 11:13 AM

"[Insert Pithy Saying Here]"

Allen9 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 12:32 PM

Sorry, I'm fresh out of pith. Oh well, shopping time again.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 8:02 PM

Non Illigetimi Carborundum Est. -works well around here :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.