Fri, Sep 20, 11:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Bison - Moose

BillBay ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 5:39 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

file_119856.jpg

[Debra's](http://bbay.com/whisper/) site has been updated with the Moose morph for the Caribou and Moose texture, and the good old Bison you've been waiting for. :) Bill BBay.com

BillBay ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 5:42 PM

Doh!... forgot to mention the Moose Morph and Texture are FREE from Lyne's Creations. You must own the Caribou to use them. Thank's Lyne!

Maz ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 5:52 PM

I can't resist it. What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? You can't wash your hands in a buffalo. Sorry about that folks.

martialf ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 6:11 PM

I have bought today the caribou from Debra:une be magnifique.i also download the caribou-moose by Lyne,from Poserworld.I don't find some of the caribou-morph dials described in the read me(EX:MOOSE1,MOOSE2...) i found some but not all so it looks like moose but not like the picture Where are they? The zip content is a moose texture and a cr2, the readme ,no objet

BillBay ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 6:42 PM

Martial, Thanks for the nice words about Debra's Caribou, we appreciate it. Just to be sure, I reloaded the caribou - moose morph into Poser from scratch. I assigned the moosetexture.jpg to the entire figure. The render is the result. The moose morphs are in the head. mooseset.jpg These are the settings that are in the CR2, I didn't change them for my image. moosetrial1.jpg The only differance between this render and the other is that I made a bump map from moosetexture.jpg by converting it to Grey scale, doing negative image and saving as a bump map. If you need additional information or help, please send me an email at BillBay@BBay.com Good Luck Bill BBay.com

Quikp51 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:24 PM

Wow , those are pretty cool. I like them alot! Anyone know where to get some good birds , realistic like these two animals?

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:30 PM

Debra has a wonderful owl and Zygote's eagle, of course--oh, and Anton's peacock and Bloodsong's swans--both terrific. Maybe you are thinking more along the lines of perching birds--I haven't really found any good ones, altho' there are several models around, but not many. Diane B

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:32 PM

The moose and buffalo look great. Another morph idea for the caribou would be an Elk. Quikp51, Debra has a couple of owls at the same site as the above animals. Zygote sells an eagle, and Lyne made a raven morph for the Zygote eagle, available at PoserWorld.

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:38 PM

Also, I wanted to say how terrific I think Deb's models are. I have the caribou and plan to go back and get the winged owl and bighorn sheep soon. Her models and the prices are wonderful. Diane B

zett ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 2:53 AM

Very nice! Many thanks to Debra for all her wonderful animals. Greetings from Germany ZETT

martialf ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 6:41 AM

To Bill:Thanks for your answer i vave downloaded the morph files from Debra and now i have the same moose than the one showing here But just check on Poserworld ,there are two files from Lyne associated to moose morph ,one is the one i had problem with Thanks again now caibou and moose are eating together

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 10:13 AM

Its a bit confusing LOL so many morphs and textures.....on Poserworld there are 2 morphs for Debra's Caribou one for a moose and one to change the original a bit....and also the texture map for the moose......speaking of birds anyone seen a parrot around I have a pirate :o) if I can find a parot I think I'll build a ship scene......Steve

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 12:17 PM

heya; these are cooooool! debbie and lyne, a dangerous combination! :)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 4:00 PM

I have the bighorn sheep and am using them in a pic that I am trying to finish and they are cool to ...Just thought I would mention that

Debra ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 7:13 PM

Thanks to all of you for your kind words :). I have a lot of fun making these figures. Lyne did a good job with the moose morphs - (she also has morphs at Poser world for the Poser Horse, and the Zygote Eagle, Bloodsong also has some handy morphs there too - for the Horse and Cat :)

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 9:01 PM

Yippie!!!!

Marie ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 10:17 PM

Thank you all for the compliments! (I'm Lyne, of the "moose morphs" -grin!). Deb's models are GREAT to work with, and I am so glad to be allowed to morph them! I have also done a raven from the zygote eagle, you will find it at Poser World. I PLAN on doing a parrot but another of Deb's models is "demanding" my attention first! OH! And the moose cr2 did not "carry over" the BODY dial settings, just the morph settings. I put the body parts dial settings in the moose readme, to help pull the caribou into the moose body. - Lyne

Keith ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 6:54 PM

Just for the interest of anyone using Debra's animals, if you want a realistic scene you have to watch the scale of the animals, especially if you have a human in the scene. I used to live in moose country and I now live in caribou/muskox country, so I know of what I speak. Moose-big, the shoulder of a big male will often reach a man's shoulders. Caribou-small, the shoulder of a big male will be, at most, the height of the bottom of a man's chest. Muskox-about the same height at the hump behind the head as the caribou. Numerically, a moose will be 5+ feet high, the caribou and muskox around 4 feet (all at the shoulders).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.