Tue, Oct 22, 10:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Can someone tell me what this means?

egaeus ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 1:16 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:34 AM

I saw the Reika dress texture in Free Stuff, downloaded it, then went to Rubio's site to find the dress. He left the following message which I can not decipher: > Anyone know what this is about? (I apologize to anyone who's upset because I didn't preview my previous message first and then deleted it. I know someone made a stink about it earlier.) Mike

Routledge ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 4:01 AM

That message is probably translation software, which does a literal translation. Japanese sentence structure is different to English hence the oddness. Be aware that Japanese Poser people are generally very protective of their copyrights and almost never allow commercial use of their items. FaerieGurl`s comments seem to ring true.

mon1alpha ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 5:17 AM

I'd say that Rubio is not happy 'cause somebody has used a texture that's either his or very like his. Compounding the problem is the fact that this person didn't have the courtesy to contact Rubio and ask first. So, for now, the Raika dress is not available for downloading but it will be again. And the moral of the story is......always contact and give credit to any artist whos work you've modified. I did with Jim Burton, sent him a picture of the modification and asked if he minded me passing it on. He was fine with the idea. Perhaps we need to draw up a set of guidelines for people? Trouble is.....who sets the guidelines for the guidelines? LOL Mon

rubio ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:11 AM

I am so sorry about the delay. and@I'm sorry to be poor at English. I hope I didn't inconvenience you too much. At my site, again, Rika_Dress. Opening to the public of Texture was started at the site of minerva. I am grateful for everyone understanding in this difficult situation. Thank you very much.

egaeus ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:52 AM

I didn't feel inconvenienced, I just wanted the problem clarified because I don't want to cause such problems myself in the future. Thanks, Rubio, for your generosity. Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.