Sat, Sep 21, 6:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Let's model the Elf

SergeFinder ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 2:07 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:03 PM

Attached Link: http://home.wxs.nl/~radiant/Home.htm

file_258405.jpg

I have started to model the Elf Legolas from the Lord of the Rings movie, but any help is appreciated. I have boots, tunica (half, needs morphing), bow (sort of) and elf ears. Awesome job, though. A joint effort then, maybe ? (more reference pictures available by request and on the Web)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2002 at 12:30 PM

Oooo my God it's Legolas :D I'd help you, but I only have Poser, it's not good for modelling... Oh Oh I know, do you have the arrows? I could easily make them!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2002 at 8:55 PM

BTW, I have it on authority that someone is - or at least WAS - modelling an elf with a VERY strong resemblance to Legolas for sale at the Store.

SergeFinder ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 8:06 AM

Could be Mehndi... modelled a Wood Elf on sale now through Daz3d... needs a lot of other buys however (Michael, Adventurers and Archery pack).

SergeFinder ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 8:07 AM

file_258406.jpg

Of course the hair needs work, model lacks textures etc.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 9:31 PM

texturing is pretty easy for me... Clothing needs some details

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

SergeFinder ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 12:59 AM

file_258407.jpg

Well, if you take the film-Legolas as an example, his tunic has a silver embroidery of curly shapes, (see picture) and his quiver has silver peacocks impressed upon. I intend to do the texturing in Vue d'Esprit since I don't use Poser as the renderer and exporting Poser mapped figures is a real crime (to 3D Studio or Vue anyway).

SergeFinder ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 1:00 AM

file_258409.jpg

Bow, Quiver

RimRunner ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 1:05 AM

I like the shape / design of the quiver. The basic shape I would do with NURBS, for the neat lip near the top.. the rest would be best with Texture & Bump work. Looking at the bow, there is scroll work around the handle and string mounts. Good luck on this one guys.. can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 9:32 PM

well then it`ll be tough, because I dont have a clue on how to use vue despirit and maps in it :D

- - - - - - 

SergeFinder ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 3:19 AM

Simple ! I only need a medium large JPEG with the curls or the peacock pattern on it... that's what I was planning to do myself. It's easy to adjust the mapping in Vue afterwards, although UVW mapping in Poser often yields even better results. in 3DMAX or Vue I usually use a decal mapping for any pictures on a even colored background.

SergeFinder ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 8:19 AM

file_258410.jpg

Using Millenium Bow and modified Daz3d Ogre.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 7:40 AM

Looks nice! Hey, who's the Mowgly guy behind? Lol

- - - - - - 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.