Fri, Sep 20, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: jagged edges on text done in spline modeler

hartcons ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 7:37 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:25 AM

file_267808.jpg

I just tried carving some text into a block in the spline modeler but the end result has a lot of jagged edges on the text (look at the "e" for example). Is there any way to get the edges of the text smoothed out? I think I just used Arial font for this test. Are there some fonts that work better for this than others?

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 8:36 PM

Crank up the Surface Fidelity under the Geometry menu. Try around 1000%. - Jasen.

hartcons ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 8:53 PM

file_267810.jpg

That's more like it.

hartcons ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 9:32 PM

Is this surface fidelity something that needs to be cranked up on every object (on a per-object basis) to get a nice smooth looking scene?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 5:32 AM

Yes. Just like you can determine the number of facets for VM objects, surface fidelity controls the number of facets "made" when a spline object is rendered. In RDS the maximum spline fidelity was 400. In carrara it is 1000. I'm not sure whether it is truly a greater fidelity or just more control.

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 7:46 AM

file_267812.jpg

Hey Mark! In Carrara the maximum surface fidelity in the spline is 5000. Or my copy of Carrara is completely crazy? :-) Toxe

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 9:15 AM

I learn something everyday! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.