Thu, Sep 19, 9:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Happyworldland and then some...

tlaubach ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 4:36 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Backstage

I made it a little bit more netscape friendly... but unfortunately... netscape just lacks a lot of features that stop me from being able to do the stuff that I wanna do... oh well... anyway.. on this site you will find everything that I ever rendered in 1999 and decided to save to disk... some of it sucks... some of it's good... some of it is posted around the net.. but it's a fun trip none the less...

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 6:11 PM

Hey this is cool. Just what is it you do want it to do. I may or may not be able to offer up some code ideas. I write HTML/Javascript for a living. I'm viewing it in netscape and like what I see so far.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 6:19 PM

One problem I noticed. The size of the images will always equal the first one loaded and that is causing some of the smaller images to warp. You could fix this by having it swap out layers rather than images. But this would mean ALL the images would have to preload and that's a long download. Otherwise you will have to make all the images the same size to avoid the warping. Or use a combination of layers (DIV tag not netscape LAYER tag) and image swapping if you can group the images into a small number of layers by pixel size. You should also have the display image in it's own table cell rather than just aligned right. If my window is too small right now it blocks out some of the choices.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

tlaubach ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 9:06 PM

yeah.. like I said.. Netscape just doesn't do what IE does.. as a result, without significant html work it's not gonna work much better than it does now... and I'm happy with that...

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 9:23 PM

Tim, I could not get any of the files to open in Netscape v4.8: JavaScript Error: http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/wooton/1475/, line 16: img1 is not defined.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 10:20 PM

Not sure if you've fixed whatever problems by now (it's 8:21 PM PST) but I'm running Navigator 4.08, and all your images load beautifully. That's quite a site you've got there. Very nice work

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 12:02 AM

Pulled it up in Netscape Looked ok bit glitchy but hey that is why I stick to IE. Sort of a director's cut eh? I loke it

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 12:57 AM

I liked the Year book image myself!! Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.