Mon, Oct 21, 9:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Looking for textures for the P4 male

joezabel ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 8:53 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 9:20 PM

I recently downloaded Graham Shaw's photorealistic texture for the P4 Male, which is quite terrific. (It is located in the Renderosity freestuff area.) I am looking for other, comparable textures; not necessarily photorealistic, but textures that feature convincing-looking eyebrows at least. I prefer free stuff, of course, but if anyone would like to refer me to a vendor selling high-quality textures, it would be much appreciated as well. BTW, I've had very good luck finding female textures; my favorites are the East, West, North, and South textures created by AprilYSH. I understand she also has created a converter that allows you to use Daz3d textures on P4 characters; but I have so few Daz3d textures that I don't think I'd find it useful.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 9:39 PM

Ive got several: a BlondMan texture thats based on photos, a NewForP4 texture thats also done that way, a few others that could be made more realistic without too much trouble. Ive adapted a few of them to make them more "photoreal" by combining them with some stock photography images and real careful use of the P4texture map. Ill go through them tonight and try to have a list of at least the sources, as much as possible, by tomorrow for you, but its really not that difficult to take something like the excellent ones from John on the Run and, by a little imaginative lighting, make them "real".

joezabel ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 10:07 PM

Thanks! By the way, there is a male texture at the digital babes site. Who is John on the Run? I couldn't find any John of that description on the members list. Yeah, I've learned how to take the resources I can find and adapt them to my specific needs. That's one of the challenges of working with Poser!:)

Syyd ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 10:36 PM

try the free stuff here for Dr. Morpheen by me.....its a nice one. Syyd

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 10:53 PM

Here's a link to John on the Run's website. I don't know how long it's been since he's updated it. He does great work with male textures. I think he's had trouble with bandwidth, or illegal distribution of his textures, or something (I might be confusing him with some other member, our woes are all the same).

Link to John on the Run

Don't underestimate the usefulness of AprilYSH's remapping of the Poser characters; it doubles their versatility. There are plenty of free textures for Victoria and Michael all over the 'Net, and thanks to AprilYSH, they can be applied to the P4 Male and Posette.

Aureeanna ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 10:54 PM

Attached Link: http://johnontherun.ezdir.net/

John on the Run has wonderful textures and they are free. http://johnontherun.ezdir.net/

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 1:49 AM

There are also some good base textures to be found at The Penguin Bar and maleposer.com, although the latter hasnt been updated in months (Anyone know whats going on there?). The stuff at PB looks pretty cartoonish at first glance but it renders up real purty. MalePoser also has a list of excellent links that will take you to places all over the web for additional materials. Another good place to find pretty decent body textures is at 3d-cc.com; theres one that comes with the REMC Trooper character thats quite good once you tinker with it a bit. Small caveat about Johns textures that actually applies to several of the ones at these sites as well: you must take them into Photoshop and color adjust them a bit. Some of the skin tones are too pale; others too green; others too pink. Once you open them, youll see what I mean. But they can all be reworked a bit to pull them into line. The BlondMan and NewForP4 textures didnt have read-mes with them, Im sorry to report. But I doubt the creators would mind me sending them to you since they didnt bother putting any credit on them.

joezabel ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 8:33 PM

Thanks to one and all! This gives me a lot to go on!:)

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 10:06 PM

Hi. I am newbie, be gentle. ;) I started using Poser 4 this week, I want to create my characters, and the user manual is no help. I work on a PowerMac. I don't know if that's why I'm having so much trouble loading the recommended texture maps or not. I keep getting the following error: "texture map can't be read" I am at a loss. I resaved images in .TIF format instead of using jpegs, just in case that was the problem. It didn't help. I moved the location of the texture maps to the Runtime/textures/Poser 4 Textures/ and renaming the texture maps for p4 Male to the Poser's default setting "P4 man texture.TIF" and "P4 man texture2.TIF" I still get an error. Amoung all the cool skin textures I looked at, the Dr. Morpheen is a beautiful photographic one, I would really like to try it, but I don't know to get the program to see/use it. I'm also having troubling getting everything I downloaded on the Internet for the P4Male to work, including hair, clothes, characters, and props. Am I placing things in the wrong folders? Or is this a MAC/PC issue? Please help!

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 10:37 PM

Are you running everything through Maconverter (which I think is still available here in FreeStuff)? I do that before even trying to open a file, and its only failed me on a couple of occasions. Have you tried simply installing the character and ignoring the prompt to find the textures and just putting them in manually via the materials window? That might help as well and could correct the problem of Poser trying to find things with DOS nomenclature that youve renamed. I work on a Mac exclusively for Poser; drop me an e-mail if youre still having problems.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 1:01 AM

Wow, thanks for the fast reply! Maconverter? You mean I was doing things the hard way (e.i. manually guessing where everything goes?) Let me go look for it. Sounds like something I need. ;) Thanks again for the help! (((hugs)))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.