Thu, Oct 10, 6:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Please take a look at my Edida character for vicky

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:44 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 6:30 PM

file_273319.jpg

Hi this is Edida. Do you like her?? Credits: hair by Minerva Character+ textures by me. Thanks for watching, VCD

Angel1679 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:51 AM

I like, although i think its a bit to dark around the nostrils, and maybe the eyebros could be better

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:53 AM

yes the skin around her nosetrils is to dark but I'm working on that. The eyebrows are hard to see in this light, maybe that is why they look a bit bad. Thanks, VCD

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:56 AM

VCD, she is just beautiful and so unique!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 9:04 AM

I like her. We need more "ethnic" characters who actually look like they're "ethnic," rather than Vicky with colored skin. One suggestion: Put some light on her. Show her off with pride. You have her in the dark now, and it's hard to see. Ron

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 9:07 AM

Ron I'll make a gallery image and there you can see her at her best. Thanks, VCD

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 11:02 AM

It looks to me like the dark smudges around the nostrils is possibly the nose on the texture map not matching up to the nose on the mesh. Very unique. She has real character, not a cookie cutter Vicki clone. Excellent work! Melanie

deestilo ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:09 PM

Hey it's good

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:57 PM

Love to see more renders/poses in various lights. In that pose & lighting it looks extremely realistic. Nice!

jeweldragon ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:57 PM

she is very beautiful:)

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:04 PM

She looks realistic 'cuz I made several photographs of women and cutted their best sides of the face and then I putted them together. Then I drew the the morph target. Thanks, VCD

praxis22 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:12 PM

She looks like a black woman in a white skin. Nice mesh though, very "un-Vicky" :) later jb

cinnamon ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:57 PM

i agree with ron. we certainly need more ethnic characters. she is beautiful. i'm multi-racial...or is it multi-ethnic? heheehe...and i havent really seen a skin texture/features in likeness to multi-whatever people. she's really close!

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 3:08 PM

Cinnamon, I never really know what term to use. I just know beauty when I see it. Grin, hug. Ron

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 3:17 PM

I'm now working on her body, multi -racial and multi - ethnic both mean the same. I like doing ethnic characters with light skins. Ethnic people with light skin are not seen very often but they do excist, and I wanted to let people see that they excist, and I agree with you ( Ron and cinnamon) we need more ethnic characters, Thanks a lot, this means a lot to me, VCD

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 3:25 PM

You know, we were all so awestruck by Final Fantasy and the degree of realism it brought to things, but gotta tell you: the movie pales compared to some of the stuff we see around here on an almost daily basis. Great work, VCD.

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 4:35 PM

She looks great so far! I agree that the dark spots on both sides of her nose should be worked on, but other than that I think you've made a really interesting character. Maybe post more images with brighter light and with her looking towards the cam? :) -E

cinnamon ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 11:10 PM

VirtualSite, I was also amazed at the realism produced in Final Fantasy and Shrek. As I sat there with my dad watching Final Fantasy for the third time, I told him... "You know dad...remember the forum that i enjoy going to online...Renderosity? There are some artists there that have created some characters as good as these. And, I've seen some even more realistic girl characters than her. I want to watch the credits and see if someone from the group helped out in the making of this movie." All the things that i have tried to explain to my dad when i have gone to him (either frustrated or excited) about a scene i had created, he finally understood what i was talking about. He never understood why i was so cranky that i couldnt get my lighting down. Or my shadows were in the wrong place. And my machine was just not good enough to handle the render. !@#$%&*%$#@! (hinting for a new computer) He just did not really understand. So I got to point out things to him in the movie (and he thought i was for sure i knew what i was talking about, LOL) but he was able to see how many people it took to actually make the movie work. They had a crew for animation. For modeling. For textures. For lighting. For rendering..etc, etc. I know some of the people here could be that successful. Heck, they are. Again, Vaio Con Dios, she is very beautiful. I can't wait to see some gallery images of her. Ron- ((((((hug back)))))))

Vaio_Con_Dios ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 12:54 AM

Hey I have great news, I've posted a picture of Edida in the gallery this is the link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=141507&Start=1&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes. Thanks for watchting, VCD

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.